Hejsan!
This week was busy. I have a funny story to explain how tired my companion and I are. Last night while calling the district leaders for numbers we decided to make some herbal tea. So my companion boils the water in an electric kettle. Then he takes the kettle and pours some water into a pot on the stove to let it boil. He caught himself halfway through though and made his cup of herbal tea. Then I came over and decided I wanted some as well, so he picked up the electric kettle thinking there was enough water in it for me, so he turned it into a pouring position(tilting it) to see where the line actually is, and ended up pouring boiling water on our counter. Then I take the pot that he had just poured boiling water into and was boiling on the stove, and was about to stick my hand in it to "check how cold it was." I ended up not doing that and we sat there laughing at ourselves for a while and would try to drink our herbal tea without spitting it back out because of how hard we were laughing. It was funny. We have a hard time communicating because the ideas and words fly out of our minds as quickly as they often come. But we're getting better and sleeping every night as soon as we can. It's just a lot of fun hard work that we are doing.
We have to work on something called stake reports, where we make a report of how the wards are doing at working with the missionaries as well as the progress of new members, baptismal dates, and less-actives. It takes a lot of time since we have 20 companionships we are responsible for with the report. In the meantime we've been teaching lots of lessons though and have done quite a bit of finding work. I got to go on exchanges in Gävle this week. That was so much fun. I loved being back in what felt like my home town. I saw people I had met and taught, and talked to some members that I miss. I got back on Friday from exchanges and ended up getting picked up by my district leader instead of my companion because we were supposed to be at a service project before my train came in, so we worked out another round of splits. I went with Elder Richardson to meet one of our investigators, and it was an interesting lesson. We were thinking of dropping him because he doesn't really have a desire to do anything, so we went in to re-establish expectations. 5-10 min later we were asked to leave because he didn't want to change and therefore didn't want to meet with us. That was a first. We then were able to switch back and Elder Burton and I ended up teaching a couple street lessons while waiting to meet up with an investigator that never came.
General Conference was really good. I'm so grateful for the opportunity we have to hear prophets. We had quite a few investigators come and watch conference with us which made it even better. I really liked President Eyring's talk to open the conference, and Elder Nelson's talk in priesthood session about priesthood power, and Elder Owen's talk about leading. I liked the eternal perspective President Uchtdorf expressed in his talk in priesthood session as well. Elder Arnold's talk really impacted in my mind the importance of not delaying. We must do all we can, and we must do it now. The work is going great here in Sweden and I'm grateful to be a part of it.
Mvh,
Äldste Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment