Tjabba Tjena Hallå! [Hey, hey, hey! (?)]
This is a weird feeling. I am looking at my last full proselyting week and am wondering where the time has gone. I don't want to leave. I honestly would love to extend and be a missionary for a while longer. It's tiring and tough, but it is a blessing. Monday we had a volleyball tournament for our zone, then we helped a member move. He also came to church on Sunday, so things are looking good with him. We are starting to work with him, and I'm glad things are finally clicking with him. His dad just got active not too long ago, and we baptized his dad's wife last transfer.
Tuesday was a great day because we finally got to meet with a lady named Hanna. We have been trying for a long time but something would always come up and they'd cancel on us last minute. This time it worked though, and we had a great lesson setting up expectations and talking about the Book of Mormon and her progress so far. We found out that she wants her husband to be active again, and her question right now is if it is necessary for her to be baptized again. She likes our church, and believes it is good, but isn't quite ready to jump into the water yet. She's a wonderful lady with strong faith though. It was a very spiritual lesson and she knows what she needs to do and wants to do it. We also had a family home evening with the Arnegårds. They have a daughter moving to Utah to go to high school this week, and we had a great time with them. They are a very strong family, who has been through their share of experiences and are stronger and happier because of it. They know the gospel is true and they live it.
Wednesday was a specialized zone training focused on obedience. President and Sister Beckstrand were very bold and laid down the line for all of the different things that have "started creeping back into the mission." It was a good reminder and they even tightened up on a lot of the rules, which I thought was good. The assistants talked to us a lot about the "why" of obedience and one thing that I had talked with Elder Bradshaw (Assistant) about before was how people often use the spirit of the law to justify not obeying the letter of the law, but it's backwards, the spirit of the law is harder to keep than the letter of the law. It's like comparing the higher law to the law of Moses. It's not too hard not to kill or steal or do those things, but it's a lot harder not to think badly of others, and to turn the other cheek. 1 Sam. 15:22 was brought up and I shared my thoughts that God will never punish us for obeying His commandments. He is bound to bless us. So when in doubt of whether something is good or not, keep the rules that God has established. It will always bring blessings. We helped a lady in our ward with her iPad after that and switched for exchanges.
I was with Elder Christley from Spanish Fork Utah, and we had a great time together. He's a great missionary with an interesting story that I don't have time to share here. We had a great day together though and saw the Spirit work through us in a lesson with a young man. He's gone inactive, and his non-member dad is really pushing for him to get active again, but the young man doesn't have the motivation. Our lesson plan in a gist was to hit him with the Spirit to get him that desire. We watched because of him and talked about the Atonement of Christ, read Alma 7:11-13, and had a great discussion about forgiveness, repentance, and the Atonement. He felt it. He felt it strongly.
I also got roped into another split this week since a python script they use in our mission office to help them plan travel broke, so I came in and fixed it and helped them with some other computer problems as well. And with all loose ends tied up, I'm ready for the last big week. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. I want to get behind and push along to help the stone roll forth. This is my last chance to make a difference, and I am going to do it. The Church is true. It is led by God. I know that to be true.
mvh,
Äldste Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment