Aside from that, I hope Rosie is ok, and I'm glad she has a great mom to help her out. :)
You guys did an awesome job answering my questions, I'm super glad to read all that!
So this week was insane! But I learned how to testify of the Book of Mormon in Mam! Ba'n wou'ne que a'j u'j te Mormon axtuj le! I know the Book of Mormon is true! I don't know how to actually write that correctly, I want to learn to read it, but all I know is that the j is like ch from German, and x is like sh, and the u sounds more like and o. It's a cool language! I'll kinda just give a summary of the week I suppose. From Monday night to Tuesday night we did an exchange and I was back with Elder Whatcott!!!! I was so stoked, and we had the greatest time! We have both learned a ton this last transfer, and he was able to help me out a ton with some stuff I was working on, and we are so united! All of the problems we had together are totally gone, and it makes me so happy! During the day, we taught a single man from Venezuela, and who has had a rough time. His wife left him after he came out here, and he really misses his daughter and is trying to bring her here. He has felt a little bitter lately, but Elder Whatcott and I were able to talk with him and deliver a powerful message, and it sounds like things will start looking up :) He has a pretty good plan, and the branch is doing a good job of supporting him. After the exchange we had the opportunity to stop by a family in Kentucky that Elder Puzey and I both know and love, and it was a sweet experience.
Wednesday was a barrel of fun as well, mostly it was awesome to have our district meeting! I gave a training on PMG chapter 4, which is one of my favorites! The entire meeting ended up being about "Minding the Gap" between our skills as a missionary and our reliance on God, so talking about recognizing the Spirit fit right in! One thing I realized is that we really just have to recognize it, if we are living worthy we will already have the Spirit with us. So if we are doing what we should, the Spirit will be guiding us, our job is to keep an ear listening for promptings, and to look for God's hand when we reflect on our experiences. Probably the greatest thing I learned in that meeting is that if we have the scriptures in our minds we are fulfilling our covenant to "Always remember Him!" It's an amazing blessing, there are about 50 scriptures our president wants us to know, and I love working on them! It makes me think of ponderizing, and I want to make that a more consistent habit for my life!
We also had another exchange that day, and we visited a bunch of Guatemalan people, and I learned how to say "mucho gusto" (nice to meet you) in a couple more dialects! It was super fun, there is an apartment complex that is basically all Guatemalan!
Ummm, well those are the highlights! We went to a birthday party for a member here and I'll make sure to get the pictures of those up! Tres Leches cake is really good! We also did some service raking tons of leaves, and I lost my magnet tag! So I'll be ordering probably 3 or 4 of those, because it's winter and I'm usually not just wearing a white shirt haha. Anyway, our investigator Socorro is getting baptized this week! We are making sure she is totally ready, for some reason we are a bit nervous, and we are going to meet with her ASAP to make sure we all feel good about it. She's definitely willing to follow God and keep the commandments though, and she loves the Church! So we should have no problems :)
Well, I think that's all. It's been super fun, and super busy. I've realized how insignificant I am in this work, and how much I have to improve, but it's amazing to know that despite all that, God has a work for me here, and He has blessed me with the chance to see people grow and progress. I've really done nothing, but He makes it feel like I've done so much, and I'm so grateful to Him for that! It's really God's work, not ours, but what a joy it is to be along for the ride! I'm doing all I can to make sure I'm in line with God's will, and this week has helped me reflect on how I can do that in the best way.
I love you so much!
Elder Liddle
Nephi Soda!
Elder Liddle and Elder Puzey
Spanish district meeting: all but 2 of the Spanish Elders
Pascual's birthday cake -- they got him good!
I am so content. Yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment