Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Semana Treinta y uno [Week 31]: "Les tengo un braunie"

We are friends with the members here, and we got a text that included that sentence, "I have a brownie for you." So we went over when she told us we could come, and we walked out with a giant sheet of brownies! I like the people here :) Another funny one like that is I sat at Church next to an older Dominican lady, and after the sacrament she gave me a mint, and when she saw my hands were dry she gave me lotion and a tissue to wipe it off after and everything. So I have a Dominican Grandma.

That's good to know about the coins. I'll probably just use them for something. I haven't really thought much about sending anything home for Christmas, sorry. I honestly don't know what to buy if I was looking for something for you guys or myself. All the things I would want are toys and I don't know what souvenirs would be good, because honestly there aren't a ton I've seen haha. Actually, I found one of those apple peelers for $10. There are a lot of things like that that I've started to notice more now that I'm an "adult."

This week was pretty normal and mostly uneventful. We had a super good Spanish District Meeting though. All of the Spanish Elders get together around once a transfer for a meeting, and it rocks! We learned a ton, and President Welch came to shed a portion of his infinite wisdom upon us lowly missionaries. He's super cool. The big things this time were: turn all questions inward (ex: How can I help them build faith? Well, how do I build faith? How do I get them to commit? Well, why would I commit?), and the fact that the mission is just one giant role play, it really just prepares us for life. "Lock your Heart," the morning schedule, study, prayer, teaching, obedience, and diligence, are things that we will use the rest of our lives. It was really cool the way he put it, because he also emphasized that we have to give ourselves to the role play, or it won't work! So now I am focusing much more on the Sacrament, having a weekly, personal experience with the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I'm also doubling my efforts to study the Book of Mormon to receive revelation and gain a stronger testimony of it. It has been really good.

I also got to walk on top of a roof again for service :) I like it a lot. This one was more flat and not as tall though, so much less sketchy. So basically life out here rocks! It's a lot of fun, and we also get to help a lot of people. I'm working on letting my light shine more naturally again, it's always an adjustment and I feel like I haven't been as good at that lately, but this week has been better with it, and I'm going to keep it up!

So for talking on Christmas, I think that it's going to be at 11:30 am here. Plan on that I would say, and we will be with members so we can text/call to figure things out in detail that day. It's gonna be weird to talk to you all haha. I'm excited though.

Well, I'm gonna go play sports soon, in probably like an hour or so, so I'm gonna wrap up this email. I love you all lots!

Love,

Elder Liddle

No comments: