Sunday, January 14, 2018

Semana Treinta y Dos [Week 32]

I do have some questions about my Christmas gifts though, the tuna was hilarious! I haven't dug in yet, I was sick on Saturday and I've been kinda off lately. We are insanely busy, and right now I'm tired and we don't have much time to email. So what was up with the tuna? I'm excited to eat it though. I also got the caveman batman, and a little caterpillar marker in my kinder egg. It was a pretty good day.

[From the Editor: the tuna was in response to Elder Liddle's request for things to eat for lunch.  Mom decided bags of tuna fish fit the bill.]

I also totally feel you about wanting to make people see it haha. I feel that so much, I read Jacob 6 recently, and it is one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon.

[Mom had written about miracles she had been seeing -- the hand of the Lord in her life.]

I read Dad's email too, and that was awesome! I'll make sure to be obedient and unified. Obedience, diligence, and unity are some of the most important things out here. It's been a huge learning experience.

We have to be in early and some of our time got soaked up by the other missionaries (we usually email in the library in the morning, but that was closed), so I don't know how much more I'll write. You can ask the other kids for what I sent them, my mind is really scattered. Honestly, I feel super weird because I just really want to continue that call, it felt so short, and I could have lengthened it (the family actually suggested that) [Dad did not—he insisted on what the mission president had said] but I wanted to be good. Anyway, I've never missed home that much except right now, but other than that I'm fine! I actually really like Ohio, and today it was -2! Luckily, we were in playing sports all day, which was really fun. I love you guys so much, I'll be praying for you.

So, to sum up the week, I was sick Saturday, Elder Puzey was sick on Friday, we have helped a member with a lot of translation, had some really cool meetings, and then today was fun!

Yesterday was the gem though. We gave a blessing to a member from Honduras. She's a really old lady, and she's super sick apparently. She's really faithful, and it sounds like she came here recently, but her family is huge and they aren't all members! So we are really excited to visit them! It was an amazing experience.

I had tons more stuff to talk about on the call, and Elder Puzey was calling at the same time, so that's why you didn't see him. One thing I decided to save for emailing was I heard that a bunch of chariots and stuff were found at the bottom of the Red Sea! Is that true? It would be cool to see a picture of that.

[No, that's an urban legend.]

So anyway, I'm super scatterbrained right now and we need to go, but I just want to help you guys know how much I love you.

Love,

Elder Liddle

No comments: