Sunday, January 14, 2018

Semana Treinta y Tres [Week 33]

[On the subject of chariots at the bottom of the Red Sea being an urban legend...] Yeah, I've started to see that more and more in my mission, worldly reasoning doesn't work. We can use Bible scriptures to prove our point, we can show evidences to say we aren't wrong, but no one will ever believe us, our words will have no meaning unless they feel the Spirit. People learn by the Spirit, and as it says that "If ye have not the Spirit ye shall not teach," so too are we unable to learn, we cannot and should not learn, except by the Spirit. It is what guides us, and will help us become what Heavenly Father wants. Having the Spirit to build a testimony is 110% essential. That being said, I still love cool stuff like that :) It doesn't hold a place in the foundation of my testimony, but it's a lot of fun!

This week was very full for us, and it went by in the blink of an eye! We had back-to-back exchanges with our English district, and those were awesome! I enjoyed going to see more areas and working with some pretty cool people! Both times I was with a missionary I came into the field with, so that's a rare thing for me. I was the only Spanish missionary my transfer, so I'll likely never have a companion from who I came in with. One of the exchanges came with a really cool experience too! In the Fairfield area we have now done our second exchange. On the first exchange I wrote down a name for us to see from their area book, but we never got to go to visit them, but I had felt strongly to write them down. This time, I had the same feeling! We were able to visit them, and we had a great lesson! I've learned that I have a lot of teaching improvement to do, especially in English, but it turned out well nonetheless. I've since improved too, I think. It was a cool experience though to see how the Spirit was working with me! Also a member's rabbit thought the area next to my bag was a bathroom. That's always fun! My testimony of home teaching was also strengthened by a member there, he has become a diligent home teacher, and he returned to the church because of his home teachers. He is really an amazing man, very humble, very simple, but amazing. 

We have been helping mi abuela Dominicana with a bunch of housing things, but things are finally over we think, it should be all done soon! It's taken a ton of time from us, but she doesn't really have anyone else. We are working on that part too though, and it seems that she is getting some support. She was having a really hard night a few days ago too, her house has no heating and it was freezing in there! She was super depressed that day too, but we were able to help her thanks to a spiritual prompting to visit her. We also read the Book of Mormon to a blind Hondurenian lady, it was cool. She's a member, and she's really old too. I think she was baptized by Brigham Young, but I could be wrong ;)

We were also able to teach a family that we have been trying to reach for awhile now! They were super interested, and we tried to set up a return appointment for the next week, but they said that we should come by Monday, so that's today! I'm really excited for that! We also played Soccer on Saturday, and we had a bunch of non-members show up! It was pretty great, and we're excited to continue to use that to further the work!

Anyways, it's been awesome! I'm loving it out here, and life rocks! I love being able to serve the Lord full-time too, I am striving to feel the Spirit more fully in my life. It's not always easy, but it is always worth it. 

Love,

Elder Liddle

No comments: