Sunday, October 14, 2018

Semana Setenta y Dos (Week 72)


I was pretty sad and nervous about the 2-hour block until I heard Elder Bednar's talk. I felt a spiritual confirmation that this will prepare us for the Second Coming. I'm excited for it after that! It will be a big responsibility, but a joyful one. This conference influenced me a lot and has blessed me, and will bless me immensely. That's cool that the Spanish sisters were over there. I would love to work with the Spanish missionaries in the future!

I love that picture you sent! Rose also looks a little bit like Alice. Those girls are probably quite the handful at this point! They're really cute, I'm sure Alice remembers me pretty well still, and I hope Ella will as well haha.

So far this new area has been pretty good! There's an immense amount of work to do, but it has been pretty good so far. It's vastly different than my past areas, but I think I will like it. We had a cool video conference with the entire mission this week! There was an additional training on planning - a big focus for our mission at the moment. It was very enlightening and also really cool to have the entire mission together, though in different places.

Conference was definitely the highlight of the week, I received so much inspiration! I felt like all the talks were directed towards me, and I felt the influence of the Spirit the entire time. It was wonderful! I don't know what my favorite talk was, probably either Elder Bednar's or Elder Oaks', because they were so plain and precious, or any of the talks from Sunday afternoon. Actually, every talk was amazing and touched me a lot.

Other than conference, which I honestly can't describe how awesome it was, the week was pretty simple. We had a guy who we met feed us like 3 times, and it was really good food too! Not all of it has settled super great with me, but I can't necessarily blame his food yet. It could be a lot of things. But I'm going to be cooking a lot more, we have a nice kitchen. So overall, life is awesome here! So, I don't know what else to say.

Love,

Elder Liddle

Trying on a suit.  We think he should pass up this particular opportunity.

Because, why not?
Hmm.  Elder, let's have a conversation...


No comments: