Liebe Familie und Geschwister, [Dear Family and Siblings,]
Man I love you all so much. You make me smile. It's so great to hear about everything happening at home. Adventures with Birdie, Rosie moving back in, neighbors getting married, testimonies getting strengthened, and learning important lessons of life guided by the Holy Spirit. Wow. I hope you all had a great week, and also 2 weeks ago, fun with Chris and Stefanie's family. Have a great week this week too. I'm so excited and pumped up! I'm also a little sad to leave the ward I love so much. I'm leaving Solingen! I'm going to Heidelberg, and I will have the opportunity to develop greater love, to serve other missionaries, and to learn because I will be a Zone leader. So, I'll have some new and interesting responsibilities. I'm excited for the opportunity to learn and grow more. I'm sure the Lord has called me. There are like 20 new missionaries coming in the mission, and things are changing and improving like crazy. Heidelberg is great with finding JAE's (YSA auf Englisch) and with that as a focus, I'll really enjoy talking and working more with JAE's. Heidelberg is a gorgeous city from the pictures I've seen, so it'll be good. I have such a wonderful opportunity to build up, lift, excite, encourage, inspire, and bless other missionaries. It'll be a humbling experience. Pray for me. :)
Well, and what has happened this week in Solingen? Tons. Last P day we made the mistake of going to the delicious Haribo Factory that we found a couple weeks ago. It turned out cool though because I was able to learn how it feels like to quit smoking. Sitting at a bus stop, bored, waiting for a bus with an opened bag of goodies, is easy to eat. The same types of things apply with smoking. You got to get rid of temptations and replace it with good. I learned my lesson though. ;) I also got some pictures in front of The Wüsthof (knives) factory. That's the HQ, Josh Liddle would be impressed by that possibly because of Cutco and all, maybe... Today I'm going to the Zwilling Henckels factory to get a last picture before I go. Well, that's boring stuff though, on to the Spiritual.
This week we worked very hard, and as we did, we got the Spirit. Work is the secret to this work. It's so simple. I loved this past week with all the miracles and experiences we had. Every day, we met people and we bore testimony and preached the gospel by the Spirit. I learned so much. I need to always do it like that, to do things right. I love the Lord so much and He is so patient and merciful to me. We were able to find a young man we talked with on a train once again and give him a book of Mormon with a personal testimony, and right after that, we found 2 guys just so interested in Joseph Smith's story. We found a couple families who are so open and ready for the gospel, we just can't communicate too well, so we have to teach through pictures and very simple German or English. It'll be interesting, but I've learned the Spirit speaks to the hearts of men according to their understanding. He speaks plainly to us. There are so many miracles everyday I can't write them all.
I was very saddened yesterday. Although I may be disappointed, I'm not really disappointed with myself. I've been fulfilling my purpose and will continue to do so. We've been teaching boldy and clearly. [____] wasn't ready to be baptized. I knew that on Tuesday it wouldn't happen this Sunday, but he is starting to be lazy and is considering to not be baptized. He tells us he doesn't want to grow up, to commit to something his whole life, and that he wants to be in the middle. (Not good but not too bad, just mediocre). After boldly teaching him and seeing the Spirit work with him, and he knows it is true, it saddens me. It is sad to see him move away from that. It's not over though. I'll have a one or 2 more chances to share my last testimony with him before I go to Heidelberg. We have good plans to help him out. I think deep down he wants it, it is just so hard for him with smoking and things like that. I think he'll make it, it will just take more time. I pray for him. I love him so much, and hope he makes it. I want to do all I can to help him. In the end, he gets to choose though. He's free to choose.
Well, I think that's enough for this week. I love the Lord. I know He can reveal His will if we just simply ask in Prayer. Prayer is powerful. It is so wonderful. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. He carries me everyday. It is so awesome to serve a mission. I enjoy the Spirit, and sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven. I love you all so much.
Alles liebe,
Elder Matthew J Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment