Well, It's been a shock the past few days to get thrown into a huge Ward and city, and new responsibilities. I feel inadaquate a lot, but it's good. Heidelberg is pretty good, and it's been an adjustment not being the person who knows the area really well, and being in charge. It's a good experience though because I can learn more from my Companion that way. I'm with Elder Sommerville, and he is just a fireball. He comes from South Jordan, and is a basketball player. There is a Sis. Garlick from American Fork who came down to work in Heidelberg this transfer and she is a fireball as well! There are many awesome missionaries let's just say. My favorite part is learning how to work with members better, and learning how to talk with people. It's been a major change of pace, and I'm so excited about it.
So, it was cool to come to Heidelberg. The city is huge and we have to travel a lot so much of our finding time is just talking to people on Strassenbahnen. [street trolleys] That's fun. I've learned so much from that. Cool story! Last night, we were going to ride back on the strassen bahn to get home, and then I had a feeling to talk with a guy before we got on. He didn't seem too open after talking for a bit, so we jumped on the bahn. There wasn't any room for me to stand by the door and continue talking with this guy, so I went and sat down in a random seat. I saw a guy who looked 15ish across from me, and not really any opportunities to talk with anyone. Somehow though, I just opened my mouth and starting talking to this guy. He turned out to be at least 18. He told me he was working to save up for a drivers license and I said, yeah, that's important. I told him about what I do a little, and that I'd been saving money my whole life so that I could come and share this message with people here. When he heard what our message was, he got super super excited! He said he's been trying to talk with people about that, and knows God is there, he's just not sure what to do to follow God more. He was excited and I talked with him today, and he's still super excited to meet with us. That was a great miracle.
We have tons of miracle stories. I've loved just praying, pondering, and studying, for others and meeting their needs. It has been such a great opportunity to develop charity, and to receive revelation and become more like Christ. It's been super good. I love it, and I feel the Lord is with me, teaching me and helping me improve to be the type of missionary he wants me to be. It's so hard to learn to be a great leader, but I learn so much. It's been fun. I have learned a lot. I really like where I'm at, and the interesting challenges facing me. The Lord is with me, and all His servants. He loves every one of His children. I love you all, and hope you have a good week. I can't wait to tell you about the miracles we experience this next week.
I love you all! Have an awesome week. Thanks for your prayers!
Love,
Elder Matthew J Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment