Liebe Familie u. Freunde, [Dear Family and Friends,]
This past week was awesome. We realized we needed to change some things to work more effectively in our area, so we spent a lot more time planning than we would have liked to, but we are on the go ready to do the Lord's work this week. We did an activity in companion study thinking about Christ, and how successful He would be in Solingen, and we talked about how He would do it. We then set some goals and made some plans. I'm super pumped up for this week. We are excited for the miracles the Lord will work this week through us. We also have a baptism this next Sunday, as long as he's 100% ready. I prayed about it and I feel everything will be okay, we just need to finish teaching, and help him be ready. It has been so awesome to see the change in [____]. He's so awesome, and he really feels the Spirit a lot. It's been a miracle.
Well, another awesome miracle. There is a family in our ward, the [H____] family, and 2 sons are active returned missionaries, two are not. 7 or 8 weeks ago, Elder Kuttler and I met with the two active brothers, and at the end asked if there is anything that we could do for them. They asked us to visit one of their brothers who is married and has a little daughter. That was inspired of the brothers to ask us to do so. We then forgot for a couple days to call, but we then remembered and knew that we needed to fulfill our assignment. We called him, and made an appointment. He sounded pleased to meet with us. We almost cancelled the appointment because it would take 2 hours travel time out of our day, but for some reason, it didn't work out to cancel it and we kept our appointment. We had a good lesson planned, but to our surprise, they had a referral there for us, who was super interested! We had a good lesson and we set up appointments to teach some more. We thought it was just cool we got a member referral. The less active family also started coming to church, and really helped their friend, [____], become converted to Christ. It has been a great success! It was so cool to help reactivate some less active, and help them do missionary work and bring someone with them. Not only that, the brother who is now active has started using the priesthood in the first time for a long time. He bore testimony in Sacrament meeting and I learned how significant these little happenings, meant to him.
He bore powerful testimony and expressed gratitude for us as missionaries. He shared his story that he had an hours long conversation with his father, and he wanted to remove his records from the church. His father invited him to pray about it. He prayed, and read the Book of Mormon, and prayed. The next day, we just happened to call him. He took it to be a sign from God. Not only that, he felt he should encourage his friend to be there for the visit as well. In just a few days, after receiving his answer, things totally changed. He gave powerful testimony, and he loves the church. He is so awesome, and I love this brother and his family. I'm just grateful I could do a little bit for the Lord. The Lord works through simple means to bring great things to pass (Alma 37:6-7). He's so merciful to involve us in His great work. I'm so grateful to be a missionary. It's just awesome. The gospel is what we all need. I love my Savior, and I feel His love. We can all feel it when we ask for it, and listen and follow Him. I know God lives, and He loves and cares for us.
I love you all, have an awesome week!
Elder Matthew J Liddle.
No comments:
Post a Comment