Monday, October 8, 2012

Woche Neunzig: Diese Woche [Week 90: This Week]


Liebe Familie u. Geschwister, [Dear Family and Brothers & Sisters,]
 
This week was great! I'm staying in Heidelberg and getting a new companion! Elder Hodges is his name, and I hear he is just so obedient, hard working, and humble. Exactly what I'll need. I'm excited for him, but sad to see Elder Sommerville go. He's going to Bamberg though, and so I'm loading him up with all the part member families, and people I love there that he can baptize. We are even role playing the teaching situations! I'm excited for him. Bamberg, land of the Baptims. This week was a spiritual feast. I felt the Spirit so much work on my soul. It was at times, overpowering and overwhelming. It was a great experience. Monday we found 2 new less actives to work with who we think will make great progress, and all less actives have referrals! They are the 2nd best source for finding according to Preach My Gospel. (what page is that on in PMG?) Bonus points if you can find it. Monday was amazing! Tuesday we had district meeting which was good, and we met with a less active member ... who is in a band, plays soccer, and is a plumber. He is such an awesome young man. He also remembered his favorite scripture from the Book of Mormon like 10 years ago. He committed to start reading daily in the Book of Mormon, and pray daily. I'm so excited for [him]. I really love him a lot, and hope he can make it back, and bring like 10 to 20 people with him.
 
Wednesday was MLC [Mission Leader or Leadership Conference] and so was Thursday. It was super awesome what we learned and we just started applying it immediately! That is always the hardest part. Wednesday night Elder Sommerville baptized someone from an old area of his. We just happened to be in Frankfurt for that. It was way spiritual just like every baptism. It is so powerful! We learned in MLC about using all of Preach My Gospel, not focusing too much on one, thing, but playing a harmonius melody. Not just focusing on working with members, and everything else drops, but to always have a good balance, and to become self reliant in becoming what the Lord wants us too, and achieving His will.  I was feeling the spirit so strong.  It was a lot to take in!  It was super good though. We then had a great time at institute applying these things, and being super creative with the JE's [young adults] how we can find through them, and have good activities and so on.  It will be awesome!  We had an Exchange on Friday to Saturday, and it was awesome to stretch myself and apply the principles of Preach My Gospel.  It felt soo good!  It's like it's a guidebook to missionary service that has all the answers along with the scriptures.  Preach My Gospel is who I want to become my last couple transfers.  I want to truly serve with my all, and lose myself in the work and be successful for the Lord's cause.  Saturday we exchanged back, and we talked with someone from Würzburg who just ordered a Book of Mormon last week from our website. He thought it was crazy we ran into each other here in Heidelberg.  I know the Lord prepares His people.

Conference was great! I just learned so much and felt the Spirit so much.  I know now I need to reach out and find the sick and afflicted in Hospitals, and relieve those who have lost a baby, a child.  It's going to take creativity and smart work, but somehow I'm determined to find them.  The Lord has someone waiting for me, maybe many someones.  I know it.  The Spirit testified that to me during conference.  [V____], came, an investigator and she loved it, especially the temple talk. She loved seeing the temple in Nigeria.  She has been reading in the Book of Mormon, and knows it's true.  We talked about a baptismal date, she isn't sure, because we can't meet that often, and with work on Sundays it's hard.  I think it will just be a matter of faith for her, and as soon as we meet more, it will work out well.  There are just so many miracles everyday.  I love it, being a missionary!  It's the best.  Just ask the Missionaries!  They can help you.  That was funny Elder Nelson.

I love you lots and wish you a great week! Thanks for your prayers.

Alles liebe,

Elder Matthew J Liddle

No comments: