Monday, October 29, 2012

Woche Dreiundneunzig: Hallo von Heidelberg [Week 93: Hello from Heidelberg]

Guten Morgen!  [Good Morning!]

This past week was super awesome! It went by so fast, I can barely remember anything that happened. I enjoyed it a lot! Last Wednesday I had my very last Zone Conference on my mission. I was super sad about it, but I got to share my testimony. I felt powerful, filled with the Spirit. I love feeling the Spirit and just doing what God wants of me. I felt good though about the progress I've made, and I know that there is so much more to be done. There is no end point to my missionary work. Once a missionary, always a missionary. I want to come home, and use my resources like facebook, internet, and so on to continue to find, teach and be a missionary. It'll be great! This week I felt that the Lord really provided a lot of miracles and I realized he placed prepared people in our path as we followed the Spirit.

Monday evening we went to meet with [B____] and taught a really spiritual lesson just with pictures. His English isn't the best. He enjoyed learning so much, and he memorized the 5 principles/ordinances of the gospel. We invited him to baptism, and he accepted to be baptized on the 24th of November! That was super awesome. He has some legal paper problems and so it will be pushed back now. He needs permanent residence status because of his situation before he can be baptized. We'll see how it goes though. Nov. 6 is his court day. [V____], a girl from Nigeria we had been teaching disappeared. We can't get a hold of her, but we keep trying. She just told us she prayed and knew she wanted to get baptized. She said she'd even look for a new job. Satan is working hard. He can't stop the Lord's work though.

In Heidelberg, we had snow this week!!! It was crazy! Heidelberg doesn't usually get hardly any snow, especially not in October. It was cool though, and very cold. We went out contacting as a district in the Innenstadt [downtown] and it was a lot of fun. It was pretty successful too. Many students are very open to the gospel. We need to get on the move though, just getting a lot of really solid investigators. 

We had an exchange this week, and it seemed that everything was just going wrong. I had a Stake Report that we had to do, which took longer than we wanted. We were then late for our appointment, which made us late to another appointment, and we actually took the wrong train, that made us really miss the appointment. It was upsetting, but we just recognized the Lord had unexpected opportunities for us to find His people. We had some amazing talks with people and we knew the Lord wanted us to be there at that moment. To add on to that, the other Elders left the keys in their apartment. We were on the train to a far away appointment when we found out. Luckily the members wanted to push back the appointment so we talked with people on the trains and travelled to Karlsruhe. It worked out great though, and at the member's house, we had the feeling to go out and do doors and so we just did it. We found a really prepared young man. It is so wonderful to just work with the Spirit and see the miracles. We had an awesome week. I really enjoyed it. I hope you all have a good week.

Ich hab euch lieb, [I love you guys,]

Elder Matthew J Liddle

No comments: