Guten Morgen alle, [Good morning everyone,]
This past week was crazy good. I'll sum it up for you. We had a huge halloween party with the American and German ward and it was a big success. We had invited lots of members to bring friends, and they all tried. It was cool. As it turned out though, all the non members were more of people the sisters would teach, than us, but that doesn't matter. The sisters are awesome at what they do. A family we invited to bring their friends actually brought a family the sisters had been teaching. We didn't make the connection until the party, but yay, they now have friends in the ward and a reason to come to church. It was a lot of fun missionary work. We had an exchange with the elders in Darmstadt, and I was so humbled by the greatness of Elder Harris. He's in his first 6 weeks of his mission, and is just on fire and ready to learn. I love that about young missionaries. We had a great time. When we exchanged back we were using our time fully, and started talking to people in Bahnhof [the train station] about the Gospel. Elder Harris talked to a guy from Romania who wanted to learn more, and little to our knowledge the Sisters were with a member at this moment praying that the missionaries could find a Romanian to teach, because this member spoke Romanian! What a cool miracle! Then we had an exchange with the assistants, which was very very good. I learned a lot and had a good time. I'm really getting to know Preach My Gospel a lot better, and applying it. I feel happier as I do, and like I'm making progress. I also drove the car back to Heidelberg, which was the first time driving a car on my mission, and in like almost 2 years! It felt wierd, but I enjoyed it and liked it.
I think the biggest miracle though was yesterday. So many members are just showing forth such a good example of opening their mouths and doing missionary work, especially those unexpected members do it. It was so cool! As we were about to start our fast on Saturday, we got a call from a member, an awesome member. He has a sweet young family. He said he was fasting with a friend because his friend wants to be free of some sins, and change his life. I think he also mentioned getting married to his girlfriend. It was so awesome because he wanted to come to church as well, and Br. Esterl invited us to come over for lunch before church and share a spiritual thought. We decided to join the cause of fasting. I was fasting for like 6 different things that are really important to me, so fasting was so easy because of the purpose and drive. Anyways, we shared a spiritual thought and met [T____], and invited him to learn more and meet with us. He agreed. Not only that, he came to church, he knows already a few members who he likes, and he bore his testimony in Fast and Testimony meeting! I was a tad bit surprised, but he just bore a powerful testimony! It was amazing. The Young single adults invited him to Institute, and it was jjust great! What a day. I love a mission, and I love seeing the miracles. I can't wait to meet again with [T____], and share with him how making and keeping covenants like Baptism can make him clean through Jesus Christ. I love the Savior, and I am so grateful for His mercy, love, and patience. I'm glad that all is going well at home, and thank you for your love, support and prayers. I can feel the Heaven sent help. I know I'm not alone. The Lord is with us.
Alles liebe, [Love,]
Elder Matthew J Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment