Mike, Jake, and Julie. Thanks for your great emails, and for sharing those experiences with me. I love you lots. Rose, Robert, Emily, Alice I love you too. You guys are great family. I guess we'll see us next year! I just want to finish off my mission hard core, all out sprint! They'll bring me back on a stretcher. Just kidding, but seriously I'm wanting to work so hard, and just find, teach, and baptize my replacement, and as many people as possible. This week Elder Hodges and I are going for 10 new Investigators! We got 20 lessons this past week, and it was amazing. We also need to help the whole Zone step it up and work those miracles. I'm pumped for this week. It is transfer week, and Elder Hodges and I are staying together. I'm excited for it, and I feel I have a work to do here. I love working with Elder Hodges as well. He is such a funny and goofy Elder. I learn a lot from him too.
So, let me tell you about the amazing week. Last Monday I was just torn apart with making the decision to extend or not. It was not a happy day for me at first. We planned a split so we would have 3 appointments that night after P-day. One of them called us and cancelled, which totally destroyed the split. I just laughed and went on though. 20 minutes later we got a call from the Senior Missionary couple in the church. A man named Jürgen just walked into the church and wanted to learn more. We set up an appointment for that night, and it saved the split with the YSA's. YES! I was so grateful the Lord just is preparing people. Then, it was also, super Spiritual! It was not only great for the investigators, but for me and the members who helped. It really was impactful.
We've been meeing with a guy from China named [S____]. He is so funny and great! He always sends us in his texts, "hello, I am [S____], I can come tomorrow." or "I am [S____], I just wanted to meet alone next time to talk with you about baptism." We met with him a lot, and finally his concern with baptism came up. We invited him or discussed baptism in all of our lessons. He just has word of wisdom problems, and we taught him about it, and he said he wouldn't commit to it. We are still trying to help him understand it better. He sent us a text message saying, "I am [S____], I do not want to be baptized because I need my coffee. I still want to come to church, but I do not want to talk about baptism or otherwise...." It was a sad text message. At church though, the Sunday School was about Word of Wisdom. We talked about baptism too. He loves everything in the church and he wants it, it's just hard for him.
The other coolest thing this week, an investigator. Brother [B____], we finally met with him. He's an American member referral. He's awesome. We met twice and the second time we explained Priesthood really well. He's been reading the Book of Mormon and scriptures like crazy. He's Baptist, but he believes what we say is true and he feels the Spirit. We invited him to baptism, and he said he was thinking about it a lot, and he wants to, but first really feel it as not just a second baptism, but as THE baptism. He is so awesome. We're meeting tonight.
There has been so many miracles. I can't even write them. It's too exciting and cool! I know the field is white. It's white wherever we go. We just need to have faith. We can all work miracles in blessing the lives of others if we desire to. "If ye have desires to serve God, ye are called to the work." I love you and wish you a great week.
Love,
Elder Matthew J Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment