I appreciate the wonderful emails, and the happy birthday cards. I received the card from Grandma Liddle, so she can know I got that, and I appreciated it so much! It was great for me to read what she wrote. I love family! It's the greatest. I'm glad everyone is going through good and challenging experiences. That's how life is. I made my final decision. I'm coming home in January. It is the hardest thing for me to decide. I will do it though, and I'm excited to just get started up with school. It will be good, but it will be hard to adjust to a different lifestyle.
I think that this week was very miraculous. We had 10 non members at church. There was a baptism in the American Ward, and so we invited as many people as we could to experience the power of Godliness manifested in the ordinances thereof. We had 2 Investigators come, and we asked them both for people they could bring, and the one brought 2 friends. That's how to do it. Referrals are where it's at. I think in Ch. 9 about Finding, it is just mentioned in pretty much every section ask everyone for referrals. That's the way to do it.
This past week we used the District 2 Preach My Gospel DVD's at the Priest activity in the American Ward. We role played with them how to introduce the Book of Mormon. It was awesome. They got way excited for missionary work. We invited them all to think of a way to invite a friend to church or activity. We followed up yesterday (PMG ch.11 section 5). They all had someone in mind they want to work with and how they'll do it. Two of them are going to bring a friend next week to church. It was awesome! We are going to try to role play a lot more with members, especially the young adults and we're trying using the Preach My Gospel DVD's. It's super awesome being a missionary. I love Preach My Gospel a lot. I'm trying to really be a Preach My Gospel Missionary. That's the simple secret I've learned. The 6th commandment in Lesson 4 from Chapter 3 of Preach My Gospel is Follow the Prophet. That's the secret to being successful. Keeping the commandments and instructions through the Lord's servants. That's how we succeed in life. Just as Alma says to his son, "My son, give ear to my words; for I swear unto you, that inasmuch as ye shall keep the commandments of God ye shall prosper in the land." That's why the secret to missionary success is just being inspired and following and using the whole handbook given by our prophets. I think the Lord is really blessing us for that especially this week. The Lord has just been pouring miracles down from heaven, just about as much as it's been raining. It rains a lot.
This week was way cool and we've been finding investigators for the sisters, and they've been finding investigators for us. It's awesome to have a really strong united team. I loved MLC as well, with Präsident. I learned a lot, and I felt the Spirit especially testify to me that I can overcome all weaknesses. I am excited to just serve. I only have a little while longer left, and so I'm going to have to go all out with knowing and APPLYING Preach My Gospel. This week we should be getting 20 lessons and things are just really picking up in Heidelberg. The members are doing great, and we're just doing our best and as we've prayed for miracles, they've come. I love the Lord.
I'm so indebted and grateful for the Lord Jesus Christ. I love you all so much. May the Lord pour His Spirit richly upon us this week so we can bless others.
Alles Gute, [All the best,]
Elder Matthew J Liddle
p.s. Elder Hodges and I passed our cleaning check, as always. I love Elder Hodges. He is so funny, creative and goofy. We are a great companionship. Hopefully we stay together for my last transfer!
p.s. That's so crazy cool that Liz is opening her mission call on the mount of Olives. That's awesome, and that all these wonderful Sister Missionaries are getting their calls.
No comments:
Post a Comment