Wow! Do I have some cool stuff to tell you! General Conference is coming up and I'm super super excited! I can't wait to receive so much revelation about what I need to do. And then, as long as I don't get transferred in the next couple weeks, Präsident Monson himself is coming to Frankfurt and we'll be having a meeting with the Prophet and President of the Church! How cool is that. It will be a great experience I'm sure. I'm so excited for President Monson. It will be great! This is the last week of the transfer, and there is MLC, and a lot of cool stuff wiht Conference. It will be a spiritual week, and time to work super hard. I bet I'll stay in Heidelberg, but it will be fun to see what happens with Transfers. I've enjoyed the time I've had with Elder Sommerville, and we still have some more time, so that's good.
This past week was a testimony builder for me and really helped me know that Heavenly Father is so mindful of all His children. Monday night was awesome. We went on a long bus ride to get to some less active members, and the first one, didn#t work out. We then had the feeling to go by one more guy. We could not find the street and our time was running out before we had to catch the bus to get back before too late. We talked with some guys at McDonalds, and they showed us where the street was, but there were 4 streets with the same name. We just picked one and ran. It was an industrial street, and thought there was no way anyone lived there. We felt we should check anyway. We found down a side alley, his apartment and knocked on the door. He opened it and said, "NO WAY! Come on in guys." He hadn't been to church in 5 years at least. He seems excited to change his life though, and come back.
We had a crazy week with traveling up to Darmstadt a lot. We had a few splits and things. One missionary has to go home because of back problems. It's sad, but he should be able to come back out in a transfer or 2. I also had a great split with Elder Holzer. He's one of the assistants. I learned so much from him, and he just boosted me up and helped me to see the things I can do and work on. It was awesome to learn from him. We just worked hard and talked with everyone, and we prayed. Saturday was crazy, and there was some festival and everyone was drinking. It wasn't good. We were led to a less active members house, and he and another member we never knew about were there drinking beer. They fell far from the path. The one seemed really excited though, and would love to meet with us again, but we'll have to do it when he's not drunk. It was a testimony builder them saying all these bad things about the church. We just bore testimony that if they kept the commandments the Spirit could teach them and help them be happy. It was powerful. We then left. It was good.
This week was pretty great, and I'm so happy to be a missionary. I really need to stretch myself, we always do, and then we make the progress needed. I love you all and wish you a great week.
Alles liebe,
Elder Matthew J Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment