Monday, December 3, 2012

Woche Achtundneunzig: Es gibt doch Schnee in Heidelberg [Week 98: There's snow in Heidelberg]

Liebe Familie u. Freunde,

Hallo! It is snowing in Heidelberg. It is not normal for so much snow here, especially this early. It's way beautiful though. It's awesome! Things are happening in Heidelberg. We have a lot of investigators, we didn't find too many last week. We just need to really focus on the investigators we do have, and baptize them. We and the Sisters set a goal for 6 baptisms in December. We really want to get it. I think we can. The only reason why we can do it is because it's what the Lord wants. He wants to help all His children prepare to return to Him. I want to help as many people as possible make the covenants that I enjoy. After all, I have experienced so many blessings from my covenants with God. Life just isn't as joyful, or happy without the gospel principles, ordinances, and covenants. We are teaching [S1__], [S2__], [M___] (a 15 year old), Br. [B___], [J___], [T___], and [F___]. A few of them are really close to baptism.

Unfortunately we didn't find our 10 new investigators this week, but I think that's okay. On Sunday, the Sisters took us to an appointment they had set up with a guy, so we could teach him. On the way, someone called the Sisters. A guy said, I'm at Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof [main train station] in 10 minutes. Sis. Garlick just quickly asked, "Do you want to come to church!?" He said, sure. The appointment they took us to fell out, but the Lord provided us with a back up miracle. [R___], from Afghanistan was way interested in Christianity, and we had a good lesson and church tour with him. He also experienced church. It was great. He was the new investigator. He knows hardly anything about Christ, but he's very open and nice. When we showed him the baptismal font and talked about baptism, he asked if that's how you join? We told him yes. He said, "maybe someday I might join." That was super awesome. It's so cool, that people sometimes just call us. We pray for that a lot, and also that people will talk with us. It's cool to see how we should have faith to find new people. This week I tried using a big variety of things from Chapter 9 for finding. It was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot. I feel I'm doing pretty well applying Preach My Gospel, but there is always more to do, and to do it better. Preach My Gospel is really awesome though. I wish I knew it a lot more before my mission.

Well, we had a good time this week, and learned a lot. Elder Hodges and I visited a District Meeting and gave a Thema [topic] on finding the JAE's [YSAs] and baptizing them. We talked a lot about Faith. It's the first principle of the gospel, and we all really need to become filled with it, if we want to make any progress. That's what I've learned this week. We were super busy, and had a good time.

Well, I don't have much more to say, but I wish you all a happy week.

Liebe Grüße,

Elder Matthew J Liddle 

No comments: