Monday, December 24, 2012

Woche Einhundert: Wunder Woche! [Week 100: Miracle Week!]

Liebe Geschwister, [Dear Siblings,]

Wow, this week was crazy. Let me just tell you a quick run down. We had an exchange with Darmstadt, then thursday Zone Meeting and an exchange in Michelstadt. We came back together, but it was crazy being away from Elder Hodges so much. One of the highlights must have been Zone Meeting when started teaching the Zone about the future of the mission. Elder Hodges came running in wrapped up in Aluminum Foil and he came running in and yelled, "I've seen the future, I've seen the future, and it's NUTs!" He then threw tons of Walnuts into the Relief Society floor which flew up and almost killed the people in the front row, but luckily everyone was safe. It was pretty funny. The things my companion does... It makes me laugh. Elder Hodges is quite the character. He's very funny.

So, the cool miracle stories were amazing. It all started last transfer on a split with the assistents. They told us it would be a good idea to exchange with the Michelstadt Elders. We planned the transfer, and for some reason we planned Zone Meeting on Thursday, which was unusual. It felt right for some reason. Tuesday night, I was in Darmstadt on an exchange, and going to bed, I just had the feeling or thought I should go to Michelstadt after Zone Meeting, even though, I was planned to stay in Heidelberg. The next day as we exchanged back, we had a few minutes at Bahnhof to wait, and so I printed out the train plan for Michelstadt for Thursday after Zone Meeting. I don't know why I did it, but little did I know, there was a prepared person on that train I printed the plan for. After Zone Meeting we talked with the Michelstadt Elders, and they didn't know what time the train went, but luckily we made that train. My exchange comp said he was sad about not being in Heidelberg, but there must be a reason. We get on the train, and it was packed. I was scared to open my mouth. It's hard when there are a lot of people. I saw one guy and had the feeling to talk with him. I just prayed for the courage and eventually I got it. It was an awkward beginning, like everycontact, but it turned out okay. We talked about religion and [D____] told us a year ago his life was destroyed by gaming addictions. He found Christ though, and a man had been pressuring him to work and gave him 2500 Euro. Anyways, he realized a month ago, it wasn't from Christ. Just a few days ago he broke contact and started praying to find a true Christian Group to join. He says he sees so many churches, but they just don't teach the truth completely. We told him about the restoration, and the Book of Mormon, and he asked us if he could go proselyting with us. We said yes, and turns out he lives far away, but just happened to be in that train that day for a school retreat in Mannheim. It was crazy as well that he saw our name tags, and wanted to talk with us, but he was too scared. And, just as we met him, a widow called us to see if we could go bless her daughter. Now, we had a third man, so we could. He's 18, and lives in Walldürn. On the split a lot of crazy miracles happened. He actually knows a member. We visited that member in that far away city, and he was way excited! He was talking about prophecies of the little village Walldürn, where the member and [D____] live, from Mission presidents, and some of the stuff he was saying was pretty crazy. I wasn't sure if I believed it. We got a call from Präsident that night, and when he heard the story, and then that [D____] lived in Walldürn, I could feel his heart pounding through the phone. He was really touched, and excited. Präsident told me how dear that city is to him. I was impressed. So it was super awesome! The Lord totally led a very much prepared person in my path (I've been praying like crazy for that the past 3 weeks), and because I tried to talk with Everyone, the Lord did His work. My testimony of the first principles of finding (found in PMG ch. 9) were once again strenghtened! Awesome!

Sad part that made me cry inside was talking with [D____] the next day. He called me and had been on the internet doing research, and called his friend again who taught him about Jesus, and he said that we're anti christs and that we don't believe in the Bible. After all we experienced the day before, I don't know how he could call me an anti Christ. Satan deceived him and blinded his heart. I thought of LuB 123:12. It was such a miracle, but he decided not to be open. It made me sad, but I was glad to do my part. I just have been praying for [D____] a lot. I think there is still hope because he seemed to be indeed, a true seeker of the truth. There is hope through Br. Hasenstab (Rabbitstick), who knows him well. He will believe a German more than an American, and someone he already knows and trusts. It was a good week though. It was crazy, and a lot of fun serving the Lord! I love it and I love the Lord. [M___] is still making good progress toward baptism, but he missed church because he was sick. We'll push it back to the 6th of January. Anyways, have an awesome week! I love you all. Lets all go reach out this Christmas time. It's almost here!

Liebe Grüße, [Best regards,]

Elder Matthew J Liddle

No comments: