Wow, this past week has been crazy good. It has been really challenging, but we're just fighting through and doing our best. Just an hour ago, I was in little America playing basketball, eating American Fast food. I felt not good about it, and it was super wierd! I love the German people and culture, and lifestyle. I love Germany. I don't think I want to come home, so I'll stay a little longer. That would be cool, but not true. So, what happened this week, well, first of all Saturday evening as we went caroling with our Bishop I misplaced my planner. I am devastated. It was clearly the best planner I ever had, my last one and my life was in that book!!! A piece of History was lost to me. I seriously was devastated. Oh well, I pray that it'll get back to me, and I wrote all the info in the area book.
This week, I was in Langen on a split with a Golden, (its near Frankfurt) and it's a little city. It reminded me of Nordhausen, my first city. They've been struggling with finding. We obviously need to apply chapter 9 a lot better in the whole mission, and the night before we went out, we just went through chapter 9 together and made plans to do as many different effective finding methods as possible. I have never had so much fun finding in my whole mission. We had a blank day, and it was just the greatest day ever! I really have such a testimony of the first principles of finding and that Preach My Gospel is from God inspired. I also read through all the "Remember This" boxes at the end of each chapter, and I wish I remembered those things earlier in my mission. If there is one thing I would recommend for missionaries, and how to be effective in their work, is to read all the Remember This, and the very last page of Preach My Gospel. Remember, Remember, Remember. I invite everyone reading this email, to read all the "remember this" boxes. It doesn't take long. They're awesome, they tell us how to succeed.
Other than that, we had a pretty good week, I applied for the MTC and sent a video of me teaching in, and some other stuff. I think I sent it in just a day to late, so they won't get it until the new year. Elder Hodges' brother though works at the MTC and said he worked 65 hours this week because they just have to hire so many new teachers. Hopefully I can get the job.
We had a cool experience coming home one day, we were walking and I just had the thought that a prepared person might be in this blue building. We just went for it, and it was not very successful... at first. Then we met an old man, who just recently lost his wife, and just misses her so much. He cried, and we're going to visit him on Christmas because he'll probably be alone. Our land lady, also lost her husband just a few months ago. She misses him a lot. Apparently, I remind her of him, and the Sisters were teaching her and says she calls me "Der Hübsche" (the cute one). She loves the Book of Mormon. I'm so glad we gave her one. She needs the gospel, and I just wish we would have started teaching her sooner. She could get baptized if she survives. She's really old and weak, but such a nice lady. She's alone for Christmas, so the Sisters and us will be going over and singing her songs and so on. This week is reach out week for our mission, we're going to reach out to all those people we can in need of cheer during this Christmas time!
Fröhliche Weihnachten! [Jolly Christmas!]
Elder Matthew J Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment