Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Vecka Femton [Week 15]

Käre Familj,

This week was not the best week ever, but the sun shines, even here in Sweden.  We had a great lesson with a less-active in our area who had a rough past, but is really awesome, and bakes great food.  She is strong and will be back soon enough.  We had a great lesson on Tuesday with one of our investigators who had a really rough past, but because of it he is really prepared to receive the gospel.  The only thing that will be a problem for him getting baptized is his wife who is a strong Muslim.  She is too strong in her faith to be open to know that ours exists or has any benefit to it.  We had another great lesson which has strengthened my testimony of the gift of tongues because it was in Spanish.  Neither my companion nor I speak Spanish, and we had a translator who could go from Swedish to Spanish, but not so much the other way.  I could understand most of what was being said to me in Spanish, which I have never studied before.  Granted, I grew up hearing my dad speak it on occasion, and in Utah and interacted with lots of only Spanish speakers, and speak a language with a heavily latin vocabulary (English).  I can't speak any Spanish, but the Spirit was so strong in this lesson that I know the family we taught will get baptized.  Sadly they live an hour out of our area, so it's not a simple situation.

There was a Lucia concert on Saturday (kind of like St. Patrick's day I guess, but more Christmasy; not really sure how to describe it, but it's a holiday on the 13th of December) and we passed out pepparkakor (gingerbread) after that to all the people around, and were passing out our cards and showing people "Han är Gåvan" (He is the Gift).  We had a great lesson with a little old lady who really loved the video.  It's so much fun out here, especially with He is the Gift.  The members in my area are so wonderful, and feed us almost too much.  We had dinner with a part-Spanish couple who always love giving us Spanish peppers with whatever we eat.  They made us great lasagna, and I had more than I could of that with a great spice of the Spanish peppers.  Then we went from there to another dinner where we ate empanadas with a family from Colombia, I believe, where I was again given a good helping of food, dessert and soda.  All those days at Pizza Pie Cafe and Kneaders getting buffet food are paying off.

We helped a family move today, and it was really fun.  It wasn't that far, but it was a lot of stuff for having 4 people.  It was raining too, which made it interesting.  It rains a lot here, but snowed on Friday night.  I love the snow.  We don't get enough of it here, but that should be changing soon.

One thing that I have learned this week is the necessity of having Christ as the focus of our testimonies.  If we truly are converted to Christ, there is no limit to our faith or abilities.  If we come unto Christ, and become converted, there is nothing that can tear us away from salvation.  No one who is converted to Christ will fall away because they know of the blessings that come from his gospel, living it, and the gospel becomes their nature.  That is how we put off the natural man, is by being changed by the atonement of Jesus Christ.  Allowing his perfect example, and perfect love, change us into our divine potential.  Be strong and of a good courage, read your scriptures, and don't miss a day.  Pray that you may have the faith and courage to be blessed, and change.  "Come unto Christ, and be Perfected in Him."

Mvh,

Äldste Liddle

The attached picture is of us on our way to zone training with our fresh to death greenie now on Gotland with one of my favorite elders, Elder Israelsen.


No comments: