This week was another rough one. It seemed like no one talked to us, but we had a crazy cool experience to end it!
First, the sunset this morning was beautiful. It seems like the only jokes I make now are about the weather and movies. It isn't actually that cold here yet. I've experienced a lot colder in Utah while wearing warm-weather running clothes. The darkness isn't bad at all. It just keeps people from coming out, which isn't fun.
I'll go ahead and start with the cool experience I had. We went to visit a less active member, who's been inactive for almost 10 years now. He got into all sorts of crazy stuff right after his mission, but a couple months ago had a life changing experience. We have knocked on his door probably close to 20 times since I've been here with no luck, but last Friday night we got contact with him. He said he's usually not home Friday nights, so he knows we were led by the Spirit to meet him. We went in expecting to share some sort of uplifting message followed by an invitation to the concert the next night, and church on Sunday. We watched "He Is the gift" and then listened to him tell us why our church is true, and the only true church on earth today, how he is doing missionary work, his usual Sunday worship routine, and bore a powerful testimony about God, love, and prayer. He'll be in church soon enough. :) It was honestly one of the most powerful experiences I've ever had, and also really weird. He's so cool though, and has such a strong testimony. He came to the concert and things were awesome! It was a great Christmas concert.
Love is the biggest thing we can share in this world, and that's what I'd like to close my letter with. I didn't get as much time to write today as normal, so I'd like to say that we need to share our love with everyone, and do that at all times, in all things, and in all places. Good luck doing that. It is probably the hardest thing in the world to do, but it is the ultimate personification of Christ. Become Christlike, and love those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. As you strive to do this, you will learn to love, and be blessed for so doing. I know God lives and loves each and every one of you.
Mvh [Med Väldig Hälsning (with huge greetings)],
Äldste Liddle
#sharethegift
No comments:
Post a Comment