Monday, December 8, 2014

Vecka Tretton [Week 13]

Käre Familj och Vänner,

If you haven't discovered this website yet, discover it now: Christmas.mormon.org

This is the church's new initiative called "He is the Gift."  This is the biggest movement the church has ever done in media, and will be one of the largest blessings to missionaries globally.  #ShareTheGift is the new thing to do.  We have been assigned to use this video and hashtag as our primary contacting method, and it is wonderful.  on December 7th, the church will own every advertising spot on Youtube in the United States, as well as several other countries.  They have for the month of December one of the most popular advertising spots in the Nation and possibly the world: right in Times Square across from MTV studio.  Every family in the United States who receives the December Ensign will also receive pass along cards, and a little booklet helping them discover how they can share the gift.  Use them, and share that gift.  Elder Bednar invited us to sweep the earth as with a flood with the gospel and media, and I know that that talk was given right before this was released for a reason.  It's a wonderful video and tool.

This week was strange.  We had every member-present lesson we planned cancel on us last minute.  Every single one of them.  But we had a bunch of random lessons, and a new investigator from Lebanon who is super cool.  He prayed to Joseph Smith at the end of our lesson, but we've talked to him about that already and he's just that willing to accept the gospel.  We've met a lot of prepared people lately, so the future is looking great in this area!

I got a salsa recipe, and tried making that this week.  It went really well, but I couldn't find jalapeno peppers, so I went with the next spicy pepper I saw: habenero peppers.  If anyone out there knows anything about the pepper itself, they'll know where this is going.  In this pepper, it's not the seeds that are super spicy, its every little bit of it.  The recipe called for 6 big jalapenos, so I bought 5 small habaneros thinking that I'd just have a little kick with the same flavor.  After cutting the first one I decided to test the heat of the pepper.  So I ate a ring, and discovered that I just put a fire in my mouth.  It was the spiciest thing I've ever put in my mouth, and the spiciest thing that I think exists in Sweden.  I started sweating, so without thinking about it, I rubbed my whole face before washing my hands.  The picture attached does not do justice to how red my whole face was, or how puffy my eyes were.  My face was burning for the next 3 hours along with my mouth.  The salsa turned out great though, now we have 3 leftover habaneros that I need to find a use for.  I really like the flavor of that pepper.  I'd say its the best I've ever had, and I don't regret eating it at all.

We got a new greenie transferred into our zone, so I'm not the greenest vegetable in the field anymore.  He is super fun, and didn't have any winter stuff out, so showed up to dinner that night with my gloves and my companion's coat, without us knowing, so when we complimented him on his choice of winter gear, we discovered the truth.  He and I had a lot in common, and his trainer is a great guy.  I'm excited for him.

During the month of December a lot of people think about what they want to get.  What they want for Christmas, what they want to buy from Christmas sales, or the nice snow of Utah mountains.  As is typical with a Christmas message though, it's more important to focus on what you will give.  What will you give the Savior this Christmas to become more like him?  I've been doing a study of the New Testament lately to figure out how I can become more like Christ.  It's changing my mission, and I'm so grateful to have the scriptures and means to do this.  I know the Church is true, and the gospel has been restored.  I know that Thomas S. Monson is the true and living prophet today, that Joseph Smith was a prophet and saw Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.  I know that Jesus is the Christ, and my savior as well as the savior of the world.  I know that God answers prayers, and makes His mysteries know to those who are ready to receive them.

Mvh,

Äldste Liddle




No comments: