Hejsan!
This week was a little more rough than normal. We got cancelled on an average of once per day. Which occasionally was the only planned lesson we had for the day, which meant lots of finding work! We had a good time with it though.
We met with a less-active YSA who wants to quit smoking, and showed him one of the 12 Steps to Change videos. He really liked it, and is working on the desire to quit. He just wants to "say goodbye to them." He will get the desire sooner or later. Thursday we met with one of our wonderful investigators who we tracted into. We talked about Lehi's dream, and she loved it and said she'd remember it for a long time. She is progressing well towards baptism.
Wednesday was spent in Hudiksvall again, and the work is really going fast there. We didn't have the car that day, and it was the end of the month, but somehow I had money, so I was just going to pay for our bus down, then pay to get us back up. Well, we found out on the bus that they wouldn't take my card, so we all immediately start praying in our hearts for a miracle, and the bus driver told us to go sit down before he changed his mind. We got really lucky there! When we got to Hudiksvall we got a card that would pay for our return trip. All of our Hudiksvall people were doing really well. We taught our baptismal dates about our Heavenly Parents, and it was hard for him to accept, but he's determined to get baptized in May, and he says that that concern is not going to stop him. We talked about Lehi's dream with another couple down there, and they really liked it. We talked to another couple about quitting smoking and the Lehi's dream and prayer as well over dinner. They made us waffles! It was really good, especially with homemade jam. We managed to squeeze in just over an hour of finding work down there, and the incredible thing was we found quite a few people during that time. I talked to President Beckstrand about Hudiksvall and he gave us the green light to go down there 2-3 days a week as a pilot program and see how close it is to becoming its own area. Things are looking really good for it right now, and we had 5 from Hudiksvall in Sacrament meeting this week down there, and 7 more that wanted to come, but something "came up." So we're looking forward to the growth down there.
Friday we had zone training in Umeå, and as usual, our train got delayed, so we barely made it there in time. It was really good though. I enjoyed the training and it helped me see the things that I need to do better as a missionary. The theme was, "Teach Repentance, Baptize Converts." I shared the thought that I've developed about missionary work and what is really important. I said, "It doesn't really matter what you do as a missionary, if you decide to do an hour tracting or contacting, or go to this area or that, what is important is that we follow the Spirit, and do what we are told. If we strive to do our best, we may not feel the Spirit leading us, but we will look back and see the progress we have made, and the growth that has occurred. It doesn't matter what we say, as long as we go and do, talk about the truth, and talk from our hearts." Many times I've talked to people on the streets, or at their doors, and the first thing I say is very awkward, and starts off like that. But as we open our mouths and begin to put forth faith by speaking, our mouths are then filled and the Spirit comes and opens the hearts of the people we teach. The key is to show faith and do whatever God tells us to do.
Sunday we had sacrament meeting in Hudiksvall, and I spoke, as well as my companion, about the Sabbath day, and the sacrament. Things are looking positive for that area, and it could become a branch within the very near future. The Spirit was strong in that meeting and I learned a lot. That's the best part about a mission: learning and growing! That night we also got to see the northern lights again, but they looked pretty lame, so we just went inside at 9:00. Then after planning and calling people I took a look out our bathroom window, and they were incredibly strong, and going all sorts of colors! It was wonderful! Sadly I didn't get any pictures while they were that strong.
Mvh,
Äldste Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment