Hejsan!
So I guess you all are probably wondering, "what will Elder Liddle be doing his last transfer?" Well, we got transfer calls this weekend, and President called us beforehand. It's always a sign of change when President calls. We started talking about transfers, then he asked if he could talk to my companion. *phew* Turns out my companion will actually be transferring, not me. He is going to Gotland, and I will be ending my mission here in Gubbängen. My companion will be an Elder Bailey. Another Utahn. He's a hard-worker, so I'm sure things will go well. It'll be good and keep me on the right track.
This week was really good. For the first, I am finally caught up in my journal. Because of all the calls we get and make with missionaries at night, I haven't really had time to write in my journal, but this transfer I really focused on getting caught up, and I finally am! Monday was a busy day, we had a family moving, that took a few hours, then we rushed over to a family home evening with a family that has a kid that wants to get baptized. We taught them the restoration and the Spirit was really strong. And now their kids also know how to solve Rubiks cubes and understand why there needed to be a restoration. They want us to keep teaching their son as soon as he gets back from vacation so that he can be baptized. He says he's 99.9% ready for it. So things are promising there.
On Tuesday we went street contacting and decided to test out a new route that goes along the shore of Södermalm after going through a residential area. Turns out it works really well. We met a lot of positive people, gave out our last copies of the Book of Mormon in Swedish, and got some potential investigators from that. We also saw a HUGE sailboat. It had two masts, but the one was as tall as the apartment buildings nearby (4 stories?). That evening we helped another member family move, and they had two massive beds that we had to put into a small room upstairs. They were temperpedic mattresses that could lean and adjust like that. We ended up having to take the legs off (our best gripping place), and try to maneuver the couple hundred pound hinged mattresses from the main floor, up a tight almost spiral staircase, and through a bathroom into a corner room, without scratching the paint of anything. And it was just the four missionaries moving them. Somehow it worked, but I don't think I will be getting a temperpedic mattress anytime soon. And once I do, I'm not moving a whole lot if at all.
This week we pointed out at the beginning was our first regular week of the transfer. Every other week we've had two or three exchanges, zone trainings, leadership trainings, mission tour, midsommar, or leadership coordination meetings. But this time we had a good open week. So we worked really hard to effectively use our time. We met up with a few less-actives and new-converts that we have to help strengthen them and get them to come to church, and things proved successful. We had lots of people in church on Sunday for our first time back in Gubbängen. The ward had such an energy, and things are going to take-off this transfer. We have a lot of member-missionary work going on here, and it is proving successful. I'm excited to see what we all get involved in.
Med vänlig hälsning,
Äldste Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment