Sunday, July 10, 2016

Vecka Nittiofyra [Week 94]

Hejsan!

Glad Midsommar på er!

We had a wonderful week enjoying the Swedish tradition of Midsummer.  My companion and I got the privilege of decorating the Midsummer stång, and I was also privileged with helping in the raising of it.  This year it didn't break though.  Because of how much partying and such happens in Sweden on this day we weren't allowed to proselyte on Friday or Saturday.   We instead got to celebrate Midsommar, and weekly plan.  On Friday we had the traditional Swedish celebration, then went to Västerhaninge and played Innebandy.  My team was going undefeated, then someone gave me a left handed stick, and I started struggling to the point where I accidentally sent a guy to get stitches.  It was only two, but it was still a pretty big mistake.  Needless to say I did not keep playing after that.

We also got to see the change of guard at the palace on Monday.  That was a cool experience.  I saw a glimpse of it last year and for some reason the king was there.  Sadly he wasn't there this year.  But we were able to see it, and teach a lesson all in one.  My companion and I also played a little American football that day with some other missionaries, and he scored his first touch-down.  That was a fun cultural experience for him.

We had a crazy week because of everything preparing for the baptism, but we were able to get in a lot of work, and go on exchanges with a companionship in our zone.  They are doing really well, and we worked really hard with our busy day.  We are working with a recent convert who grew up in Compton, and played for Chelsea's B team, so he's really good at soccer, and he is doing great.  He is very strong in the Church already, and working hard to get his friends into the Church.  I like him.

Finally on Sunday we had a baptism, and it went really well.  We had a lot of less-active members, and non-members there, who were able to enjoy the fine spirit that was there.  I really enjoyed the baptism.  We also had a great sacrament meeting where I was asked to fill in as the translator, so I translated a talk from English to Swedish for the congregation.  It was my second time doing it, but the first time I was given a script to work with.  This time I was on the spot.  Things went well though.  My companion said I didn't make any language or translating mistakes.  The only word I missed was sanctuary, and I couldn't remember it, so I just said, a place where you can feel reverence.  It was a good enough translation.

Things are going great.  It's crazy to think I'm going into my last transfer soon though.  We get transfer calls on Friday, and then it's my last transfer.  It'll be exciting to see what happens.

Med vänlig hälsning,

Äldste Liddle







No comments: