This week was great! I got my phone and it totally rocks like my nice socks! I sent a couple screenshots, but the area book planner app is really amazing and useful! Mostly it's nice to be able to update and see it on the go. We are much more flexible now. Also we have all the scriptures on our phones, which is pretty great. It's just amazing! It has so much untapped potential too. We will get more social media stuff within a couple months.
We saw some really great miracles this week! We've been getting fed a ton, and we've also had to put tons of records into the phone, but it's been pretty good, and we've still had plenty of time to get out and work! One dinner in particular was awesome. We were with a member at Burgerfi, a really good restaurant he manages, and he talked about finding your why. Basically, he talked about we should take our idea, take what we know, and go 100% in it, all in! I've discovered mine is the Book of Mormon. I know that it blesses my life. I know I feel better when I read it. I know it's true. I can testify of that probably more than anything else, and in my view it's the most important thing to testify of.
After that we met some people who were selling 4Life Transfer Factor stuff. It's some food supplement, but apparently it makes your immune system smart to cure diabetes and cancer. So they testified of that, and we testified of the Book of Mormon and got a return appointment! It was a really cool experience.
These miracles and others have been largely from faith and prayer I believe. I've been praying over our baptismal goals and to find those who are ready every single time I pray, aside from meals, and it's been really cool. In the past I don't like repeating myself so much, but I really mean it and want it every time so I think it's the right thing to pray for. We also have had miracles with Alma, a recent convert. Her daughter isn't baptized because her dad didn't want her to, but we had a really good lesson with her. She's really smart and well-thought, and she knows it's true, and wants to be baptized! It was really cool to be directed by the Spirit to say what was needed and help her. Really she already wanted it. We just asked some questions and she did everything. That was a miracle. They also came to Church and totally loved it!
We also accidentally crashed a baptismal party for a different church. We knocked on their door and the family let us in. We didn't know there was a party, much less for someone else's baptism! It was super awkward, and they weren't interested, but they were super nice and fed us tacos and we talked and had a good time. It was hilarious haha.
We also had a couple other referral contacts, and one lesson was super cool! She was found by the English elders, and she didn't want to talk but felt like she should talk to them, and she has met missionaries before! It was such a cool and miraculous lesson! She was a bit concerned about how much she had to read, but she was willing. It was really cool!
So basically it was a week full of miracles, and it was totally legit! The ward is amazing, the area is ready, and I'm becoming a better missionary than ever. I'm also learning to cook and eat a bit better and more creative ;) Most of all, the Lord is helping us and life is good. I'm singing a song tomorrow in zone conference, and it's a youth song called Closer. It really describes how I feel in my mission. It's been amazing. I'm going to sing it with a mix of Spanish and English, so hopefully that goes well. But it's been amazing. I'm currently playing basketball and writing, so sorry if it's a bit choppy, but I feel really good, and I'm pretty sure I've told the important stuff. :-) I'm loving it more than ever, and I feel more focused than ever. I love you all so much! Especially you, Mom. :-D
Love,
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment