Thursday, February 1, 2018

Semana Treinta y Seis [Week 36]

This week has been insane. Transfers was fun, being able to see a lot of friends and whatnot. Elder Gonzalez is my new companion, he was born in Mexico and grew up in California, so he's totally bilingual, and he's super awesome! He's a convert, and he's an amazing missionary. I'm excited to work with him! We are in the Cincinnati-Norwood area, so basically we cover the actual city of Cincinnati, so that's pretty cool! There is no Spanish branch here, so we attend the Norwood ward, and we work with the Norwood and Cincinnati wards primarily. We have a few Spanish members though, so we have a nice group. We translate for sacrament meeting, which is actually a ton of fun. It's very city-like here!

We started right away working hard. We couldn't actually unpack yet because our apartment wasn't ready. So we just started visiting some people I already knew from last transfer, and some people that Elder Gonzalez knew when he was here (he was trained in Norwood a transfer before I came in, and he was there for around 5 months). We had some decent success, at least in the fact that we could testify and work hard. We had to sleep over at the Norwood English Elders apartment that night though. Our district is pretty awesome, I'm excited to work with these missionaries. We are all pretty new except a couple of them. I got pretty sick on Wednesday, I had flu-like symptoms and it was pretty miserable. So I slept a lot. We had to sleep over again. The next day the mission doctor sent me to a doctor to get tested, and turns out I didn't have the flu, but they were pretty convinced I did, so I was told to rest. So we moved into our apartment, I took ibuprofen to fix the fever, and I rested a bit. I felt better later that night so we were able to do some weekly planning and also get out for a bit. Friday I was well enough to go out I think, so we went and worked. We've been able to teach some lessons, but we haven't gotten any new investigators yet. It's weird, because the best way is to work through members, and a lot of the members just don't know people who speak Spanish. We're figuring it out though, and I think that it's going to be good. So that's basically how it's been. We don't have much time to email, but we are getting phones tomorrow, so hopefully mine is actually there and I'll be able to have extra time because of it in the future. I love you guys a lot, thanks for being so awesome.

Elder Liddle

No comments: