We also saw that you changed your Facebook profile. Does that mean you are using it with missionary work? We are really close to doing so! We have to clean up our profiles (that's why everything on my timeline is hidden), and then our next zone conference we will have another training and it will begin! It's going to be nice to use it. I'm really excited! Though it's also weird that I see people on there, but I've unfollowed most people (not unfriended though).
Things are going so well out here! I've gotten fairly good at making frijoles con huevos [beans with eggs] for breakfast, though my frijoles are sometimes not the best. I overcooked the last batch, put too much ajo [garlic] in the one before... It's been really good though, and lots of fun! We had 2 amazing, Spirit-driven lessons on Monday, resulting in 2 investigators who are really promising! It totally wasn't our doing though. We aren't worthy of these blessings, but we are trying constantly to be more obedient and sanctified, and God has seen fit to bless us for it. I'm extremely grateful for it. We have had some really great lessons and a lot of hard work going on. There's still random weird stuff to take care of, but it's been really good. We had the transfer call and I'm staying another transfer, and I'm stoked! We also did a ton of service, which is really fun. Basically stuff is really good, but it's been more of a week of random little things. However, I'm still learning a ton. I'm memorizing the lesson plans in connection with certain scriptures, because once I get it down a bit more, I'm going to try to use my words less, and the Lord's words more. I want to be like Elder Bednar, or President Welch, who can teach from the scriptures amazingly! I want to be like that. I've started to see that really nothing is more important than what I'm doing now. I need to be obedient and work hard, because it's really not worth it not to. It's been a big adjustment, but I've been praying for humility. Alma 26 has had a huge impact on me lately, along with 1 Samuel 15. I want to be the best I can so that I don't hold these people here back from baptism. There are so many who are ready, and the Lord is just waiting to bless us—I can feel it. I've also started to learn how little I know about planning. It's such an amazing and important principle that I've been working on. It's super important.
So that's about it for the week, it's been good! I'm really happy out here.
I love you a lot and I'm praying for you as well!
Love,
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment