I just put my bike together today with Elder Klein, it seems like it's going to be good! I'll talk to our bishop about that! ...
I just wanted to say, Mom, that I'm really grateful for you. You were "the meanest mom on the block" sometimes as you liked to joke, but really you were the best mom, not the meanest. Thank you so much for that. I'm a little stressed because I don't have the emailing time I would like, but I wanted to express my gratitude. I'll write a more general email to you and Dad.
Love,
Elder Liddle
[Excerpts from email to Dad:]
There are a select few missionaries taller than me, including Elder Whatcott, my former companion, but I've only met one guy who's significantly taller than me. It's pretty normal for me now haha.
This week was crazy, it totally just flew by. I received a lot of personal revelation though. I was having a hard time at first, but I've seen probably more than ever the Lord help me through it, me and Him, one on one. There weren't a lot of significant events, so I don't have a ton to talk about. Just a bunch of little things. But the little things really are making the difference now. I've seen the small but sure support of God. I don't need to have huge things happen, though I wouldn't mind, but as I do little things it has been getting so much better. I'm really happy right now, and I'm super excited to ride my bike! I put it together today with Elder Klein, from Uncle Chris's ward. We've got a lot to do with some activities coming up and whatnot, as well as transfers, so it's going to be an interesting week! Sorry that I can't write as much. Usually I save you and Mom for last so I can actually sit down and focus on it (rather than while shopping or other activities) but we ended up with a much tighter crunch than I thought. I love you so much though, and I'm super grateful for all you do, including all you do in your calling to help others out there. I love you, Dad....
I'm learning important lessons though, thanks for always being willing to give me advice and help me out. Also, the recording is great! I've memorized it now, and it'll be easier to retain. Thanks so much!
Love,
Elder Liddle
Love,
Elder Liddle
[We also learned that there's a defective part on his bike, so we got an extra email about that. Hopefully he'll get the local bike shop to replace the defective part with a good one.]
No comments:
Post a Comment