Sunday, April 22, 2018

Semana Cuarenta y Siete (Week 47)

Biggest one is tell me the update on the bike and whether or not I need to do the return issue and forward the Amazon return slip.  I guess that didn't end up a question. So I'm getting it fixed and it should work great today! It is a really good bike, and I'm very excited to ride it! It's a good bike. I think the issue came from having it not tested and put together like at a bike shop. And it's definitely tall enough :) thanks. But you could put a review on Amazon haha. Oh, and a member paid for the repairs and wanted to buy us a few things like mirrors. He told us not to tell anyone he paid for it, so I'll leave out his name haha. He always offers to help us out, and we finally accepted this one.

How much biking are you going to be doing once you have a working bike? We're going to bike everywhere haha. I would guess from 20-40 miles a day. We have a lot of places to go haha. I want to get good at biking too. My legs are also going to get huge ;) 

What service did you do this week? We did a lot this week! We helped set up for a party (some pictures on Facebook), we helped put up shelves in an apartment (and a ton of other stuff there), and we also did some yard work! I love service.  It's probably my favorite thing to do here.  It's also been fun working on an apartment and learning how to do different things.  It turns out you can flip the way a fridge opens!  And shelves were surprisingly easy.

What did you learn from your scripture study this week that has helped with your mission this week? That's a good question.  I've been studying 3 Nephi lately, as well as PMG [Preach My Gospel] lessons.  Reading the first three lessons is amazing.  I keep learning new things from these pure and simple doctrines.  3 Nephi is also a huge testament to me of the Book of Mormon.  The minute differences between it and the Savior's words in Matthew perfectly direct it and apply it to the Nephites.  It's really cool, and I love studying it.

Sounds like you and dad have had busy weeks! The thing with plans being weird literally happens every day here haha. We have to adapt quickly. It's been pretty crazy. ...

We had several great miracles this week! We contacted 2 media referrals, one was a 19 year old Guatemalan who is really excited to have his [copy of the] Book of Mormon. I tried to contact him a long time ago with Elder Puzey, but we just barely were able to, partially with the help of smartphones haha. It was super cool, and we're really excited to keep teaching him. He's a cool guy, though a little quiet. The other was a lady who has been uncontacted for 3 years almost! We finally met her, and she has a niece and nephew who are members, and they only came hace un ano! [A year ago.] They're super cool, and it sounds like they want to come to Church! They're also from Guadalajara, which is where Alex Knight is serving. The third miracle was a car wash we had on Friday. We washed cars and invited people to have Church tours while they waited, and we washed 25-35 cars, had 20 Church tours, gave out 18 pamphlets, and 14 copies of the Book of Mormon. It was legit! I also had a lot of fun. I was washing most of the time but also went out to get people to come in with a sign, and I'm not saying it was all me, but they had to call me back to help wash because we had too many cars coming in ;) It was amazing. That's probably all the cool stuff about the week.

... Overall I'm doing very well. ... This has been an amazing experience for me so far, and I'm going to keep learning a lot. I think both of you will be a little surprised at how little and how much I've changed haha. I'm happy with the path I'm on, I'm turning out pretty good so far haha, I just have to keep going with it.

Love,

Elder Liddle

No comments: