Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Semana Ochenta y Nueve (Week 89)

Surprise! This was my last week in Dayton (for now). I'm going back to MR3 (West Chester)! My companion will be Elder Smith from Midway, Utah. He's a good guy. So this is the third area in a row where I've had just one transfer. Kinda crazy. This has probably been my best transfer yet, and I'm sad to leave, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to go see some of the people that we never finished teaching! It's going to be awesome!!

This week was spectacular and full of miracles! I don't remember when, but at some point we made rice balls. They were ok but we didn't flavor the rice at all so they were bland. I discovered Korean ramen though, and it's super delicious. And it seems more nutritious. It's more expensive, but it's more filling and it tastes really really good. The quality is so much better. That's most of the food stuff for this week from what I remember.

So now to the actual miracles! We got a media referral on Monday for a guy who lives down in Middletown. He referred himself through Facebook. So we set up for Tuesday night, and although it's a 50 miles round trip (roughly) it was totally worth it! He was super excited to read the Book of Mormon, and he agrees with what we have to say. He started pulling things up from the Bible that he has read that make him think that we are the true church. He recognizes that the Bible testifies of it! We set up again for Friday of that same week with a member to come with us. (One crazy part is that the member just started coming to our branch last week and he lives close to our friend!) He testified powerfully and they get along great! He invited our friend to be baptized, and he said "¡Pues claro que si!" Dad can translate that. [Okay: "Well, of course!"]  It was awesome, our second meeting, in the same week, and he's on date to be baptized now. He also came to Church with that member and absolutely loved it! He even got up and bore his testimony of Christ and talked about how he already loves it here! We had a "Quédate con nosotros" ["stay with us"] after (a potluck) and that was likewise amazing. Not only that, but our Dominican friend who is on date also came to Church and was talking about how badly he wants to be baptized! Both of them basically consider this their Church now; they're just preparing for baptism. We had 3 people at Church! And with our friend who we met most recently, we're going over tonight to celebrate his birthday at the member's home! This is the most prepared person I've ever met. We listed out a bunch of reasons why the referral happened with divine timing on top of everything else, and we had at least 12 reasons, I believe.

¡ON TOP of the miracles with the 3 people who came to Church we had a less-active family we've been working with come! Prayers have been answered here, and I'm so grateful that I've been a part of it all. I'll be sad to leave, but there's a family in MR3 that I felt like I needed to baptize, and I left there feeling sad. Now I get to go back and hopefully finish the job!

In other news, Wednesday was supposedly -20+ (or would it be -20-?) weather, so we had to stay inside again. And today it's 60. I thought Utah weather was weird but...

We got a cool new 2019 Chevy Equinox. It's so new that it still has a 6-month free wifi trial. Too bad I'll leave it here. We named it Santiago el oso polar. James the polar bear (it's a white car).

This district is also amazing. I went on an exchange to the Englewood ward this week, and that ward has UNREAL member support! It was really cool to see. It's not by my doing, but our district is one of the best in the zone, though I would venture to guess that it rivals any in the mission. We have solid missionaries and solid Church units. It's been a big blessing to come here and learn so much about how I can improve. I've grown a lot this transfer I think. I'm excited to keep growing!

Speaking of growing, that new suit I got turns out to be big on the waist. I asked Men's Wearhouse and they said I could tailor it for $26 which would make my suit roughly $80 overall. Should I go for it or do you think I'll "grow into it"? I hope I don't haha.

Well, I think that's it for this week. Thanks for all the support and for everyone who prayed that people would come to Church. They did!

Love,

Elder Liddle




No comments: