Sunday, May 12, 2019

Semana Noventa (Week 90)

This week has been awesome! Before I forget, tell Grandma Liddle I got the Christmas money, and Elder Gonzalez says thanks for the tie but we both kept forgetting to say that haha. He felt bad that he forgot, but he thought it was pretty cool. Also, I got a new suitcase from an elder who left one behind, and the new PMG is out in print. Do you think I could get a mini English one? Also, I'm supposed to get some conversion stories from my ancestors. Are there any about Great (Great?) Grandpa Liddle? The one who was the chain-breaker and made sure to stay faithful? Also any from Norway or Europe, or any in general. I know Parley P. Pratt's for sure. I got the wedding picture too.

I'm glad Will's birthday was good, and that ward conferences have been good too.

So this week has been quite interesting. I'm back in West Chester, which is a great place. I'm district leader again but in a much smaller district, with a sister who is training right out of training, and a set of elders who were doubled in and are basically starting from scratch. So that's a lot of fun. On Tuesday we were able to visit a lady that I met last time I was here, and she's progressed a lot. It was pretty cool to have that happen. She is having a hard time with a few principles, but we're very hopeful. That day, we also were able to talk to so many people! I forgot how many Spanish-speakers are in this area, and my new companion, Elder Smith, is a hard worker who makes sure to talk to everyone. It's awesome, and we've had a lot of fun and we've worked really hard. I have loved this week, it's been one of the best of my mission.

Wednesday was crazy with many canceled appointments, but eventually the night took us to Chick-fil-A where we visited a less-active member whose sister-in-law we are teaching. It was a very interesting night, and another day full of talking to people and working hard.

Thursday had DQ, a Spanish meeting, and more canceled appointments where the Lord had something better in mind. The Spanish training was awesome, the biggest thing we learned was about simplified teaching. We visited another of my former investigators who wants to prepare for baptism, and we got in contact with a friend of a member.

Friday I had the privilege to attend Mission Leadership Conference. We learned a lot of really useful skills there and it was very uplifting.

Saturday we had a spectacular lesson with a family who is progressing. They're super cool and the lesson went really well! Simplified teaching helped a lot. That day we found 4 new people, all of which was heavily supported by simplified teaching.

Sunday, no one came to church from us and we were sad. However, some friends came from other areas who we knew, and it was an awesome day. We had some more awesome teaching appointments and contacts. It was hard to hear from a family that I was hoping to come back and baptize that they didn't want it. We still have hope for one of them, but it wasn't what we wanted to hear. However, we then listened to "Missionary Work and the Atonement" followed by "How Firm a Foundation", which eliminated all discouragement. We're working hard, and we're making a lot of good things happen, and we are going to do our best. It's been a joyous season of my mission and an excellent week. I'm going to keep working hard with my amazing companion and we're going to see miracles.

Love,

Elder Liddle

No comments: