I would love to see that performance sometime!
This week was pretty stellar! On Monday night we had 3 lessons. One was with a man we had just met and didn't seem to interested, but we came back and it was amazing! He's very eager to continue to learn, and we're very optimistic about it! I'm also taking the opportunity to practice being bolder and "finding my voice". We've had only brief lessons with him, but I believe he understands our purpose very well and is in a position to decide if he wants to progress or not. One of the other lessons was with the family who has just been waiting to get married. Well, we had already heard they were but we confirmed it from their own mouths! The wife wants to be baptized as soon as possible, and the husband says he wants to wait a bit, but the wife thinks he'll change his mind about that. Not ALL of that information was on Monday; we also went over a couple other days to help them with putting in a new floor (and get more opportunities to see what they thought and how things are going!).
Tuesday was much less eventful: basically everything fell through. But we had a dinner with our branch mission leader and all the elders where we ate Carbon. At least that's what he called it. I don't remember what all we had aside from chicken and carne arrachera. I'm curious about the latter, because it was absolutely amazing, and all he did was dumped some salt on it and grilled it.
Wednesday we had an exchange and we walked quite a bit! That was also one of the days that we helped A____ with the flooring.
Thursday we also walked a lot and talked to a lot of people. It was fun!
Friday we had another lesson with F____, the man I talked about for Monday, and it was even better than the first! I invited him to be baptized and he said he wanted to learn more, but I could feel the Spirit guide me and it was awesome. We also had a really good lesson with D____. He's starting to progress a bit more again, and he's going to be watching conference, so we're excited! His dad also told us about how he's seen D____ change and get better, so that was really awesome to hear. That was another day we helped with flooring. Turns out that laminate flooring is really easy to place. We also had an awesome training meeting on Friday, it was awesome!
Saturday we ate at Skyline Chili; it's so delicious. We also had a good little fireside and we walked a ton out in the rain. At least I think it was that day. They all kind of blur together. My shoes might be on their last days, they're really beat up.
Sunday sadly none of the people who told us they were coming came, but that's not so unusual. We had a pretty solid day, and we had an amazing lesson with a man who I taught last time I was here, back in September or October. He accepted the invitation to come to conference, and I was much bolder and simpler in my teaching. I think he's in a much better position to progress! I'm really excited about it actually, because I saw how it went last time versus this time and it was so much better.
So this letter seems shorter to me than usual. The week wasn't! We've been keeping very busy, my training, leadership, and teaching skills have all been put to the test and come out pretty well! I've been excited about the work and pushing hard to do my best. I've studied a ton about repentance and the Gospel of Christ lately, and I feel a deeper appreciation for my Savior. He has truly changed my life, and continues to do so. I'm continually working and improving, and I love it so much! I hope to never stop. The gospel is such that I don't expect to ever stop, it's just too powerful, too beautiful, too life-changing to let go of. There's nothing we can do that will benefit our life and bring more joy than let ourselves be engulfed by this great message.
Love,
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment