Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Semana Ciento Cinco (Week 105)

I don't know what to say this week. I went back to Dayton on an exchange and that was really fun. We had some good experiences and I was able to see how much I've improved in my teaching. Though, one guy told me I should be a car salesman haha. Maybe...

I decided that I really like beans if they're made right. Also, sour cream is so good! I made some awesome pinto beans and I ate them with eggs, sour cream, and mozzarella. I liked it so much that I forgot to take a picture until I only had one bite left! So that was a pleasant surprise for me, I can officially eat and enjoy one of the cheapest foods.

Wednesday was pretty solid! We had a good district meeting and the Sisters brought brownies and cookies for my birthday. I also think that was the day I made the above food too. I also made myself some Tinga that night and it was the best yet! I was pleased. That night we also taught a house full of workers and it was super fun. I had to teach much simpler than usual, but it was cool that we got to use some analogies, and even they came up with some. They tried to say that churches are like highways all going to the same bridge but I was able to point out that some highways will lead them away from the bridge and they seemed to understand pretty well. It was cool.

Thursday we taught B____ and M____ and it was great! It's a little frustrating because they have no concerns about our doctrine or anything, but they're still hesitant to be baptized. For different reasons of course. But we're working with them to help them read, pray, and attend Church. As they do those things they will desire to be baptized, probably sooner than they think.

Friday we had 3 lessons with 3 people I really like. In 2 of them we basically just read, and it was pretty solid. The third was with S____ and we taught the Doctrine of Christ. In a couple places we got a bit sidetracked but we managed to keep it focused and it was really good! The biggest things we talked about were faith and baptism. He seems to really be taking some steps forward. We also invited him to prepare to be baptized, and he said he really wants to. He's still a pretty good way off from that day, but he realizes that baptism is the goal. He also seemed to really feel the Spirit, which made me happy. The hard part is going to be helping him recognize that haha.

Saturday we had a family history fireside and only 2 people came, but it was really cool because they both thought that they wouldn't be able to find anything and I found them both several names that they now only need to log in and verify. It was super fun!

Well, that's basically the week. Ojalá que les vaya bien! [Hopefully all goes well for you.]

Love,

Elder Liddle

No comments: