The Döners were good though the flavor was very faint, but there will be some experimentation! I want a stronger flavor than what I got. I talked to Mom about some ideas on that (and Mike was driving her around when that happened).
This week was pretty great. We have had many lessons and found 8 new people, along with a couple people that we found, but they don't quite count as the number yet. Basically we found a lot more people than usual. I've been trying to work harder and make the influence that I need to. It's been fun!
The events that stuck out the most were a lesson on Wednesday with S____, we learned a lot of where we need to go with him and how we can help him the best we can. It was a nice visit, but a lot to process. He's someone that I feel very connected to though, and I want to help him really bad.
Another was our lesson with M____ and B____. They're doing so well! B____ is having a harder time coming to Church still, but she's getting closer to the answers she's looking for. She basically had an answer, but we are going to work on helping her realize it and keep pushing forward. M____ is still firm in her answer and she came to Church, but she's still a bit nervous to be baptized. We're going to read more frequently with her and probably go over the qualifications for baptism soon. It's been really exciting!
On Saturday we felt we should walk to visit another person that we've been trying to contact and we saw a lady who was by a car that had hit a telephone or electric pole. She was clearly distressed and looked like she spoke Spanish so we rushed over! Turns out neither she nor her daughter were the driver, who had run to get help (or hid because she got scared), and we, with the help of two other elders who happened to be there and a friendly man nearby, were able to help them push the car back onto the road and get them going again. We then asked if we could share our message and we got their address! We went over to their home and it was a cool experience. She kept saying "Dios me los envió!" (God sent you to me!) and they were very grateful. They were still kind of in shock and we didn't get to share much of our message, but we set a time to return. It was a cool experience.
The best part is that because we met them we got to the next person's house just in time for him to let us in and teach him! We had a great lesson with J____, and he's got something special about him (kinda like another J____ I know that just recently was baptized...). At first he had his personal opinion, but it was clear that he was seeking and as we talked about the restoration he listened very intently. It was a cool experience.
So that's the week! Nothing too crazy, just working hard, doing our best, and seeing lots of little miracles.
Love,
Elder Liddle
PS: Lentils are really good from what I've experienced. I have a recipe or two, but do any of you have some?
No comments:
Post a Comment