Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Semana Ciento Cuatro (Week 104): Dawn of the 4th Week, 504 Hours Remaining

I hope that you all know that I'm not actually counting the hours. I don't even know if this is really the 4th week of the transfer, and I just barely did the math. I just needed a clever subject line.

So time is short this week. We moved into a new apartment (basically a palace) and had to finish today, so we were a bit behind with several things. But it's an awesome new apartment that's super nice.

So I'll go over things quickly. First we had an awesome exchange where I got to be back with Elder Robertson! He's grown a ton and he speaks much better now. He's always understood very well but he's learning to open his mouth and it's awesome. He's going to do well moving forward.

This week we've been much more mindful of our daily contacting goals (President calls it tethering) and it's given some great results! Obviously getting a number isn't the point, but it's much easier for me to walk up to random people knowing that it works towards my goal. And I've gained more and more of a NEED to share with everyone.

Zone conference was spectacular on Wednesday. President Welch elaborated on some of his other trainings and it was just awesome. I can try to share more another day. We also had the fleet manager from Salt Lake come and talk and we heard some awesome stories and great lessons.

Wednesday night we had 2 great visits. In one I talked with R____ about cooking for a good amount of time and learned some good tips, but more importantly we were able to clarify prophets and how to receive an answer if the Church is true. He understands very well; now he gets to decide to act or not. And we'll be there to help. Later we visited S____ and testified simply and powerfully of the Atonement of Christ using the scriptures. It was a beautiful meeting; I always love going over there.

Thursday was B____ and M____. They're doing well still, but Church attendance seems to be a major roadblock. All that we teach seems good to them, but they still want a more sure answer of the Book of Mormon and they want to take their time I think. They also sometimes get caught up in little details and want a better explanation (ex: how did they know Christ's name? Well, an angel (or sometimes the premortal Christ Himself) told them. But then that doesn't seem to make sense to them). We did a good job at taking the question back to praying and looking at the book as a whole. I think it will go well; we just need to keep helping them read.

Friday we moved, but we were able to also have a really full day of lessons and contacting! I was pretty pleased, though we didn't have much time for studies haha. We had great visits with both T____ and D____. I'm starting to get a lot better at simplified teaching.

Saturday we had awesome lessons with M____ and Y____! Y____ said yes to baptism once she receives an answer, and were starting to see that she's really ready to learn more. M____ is also doing well. Saturday we also had a great visit from Elder Hamilton of the Seventy and and he talked about using family history to find and working with members. The Family Tree app is super awesome. So thanks, Rose. If that's what you work on.

Sunday was another really solid day.

Well, that's all I have time for! I love you!

Elder Liddle

No comments: