Sunday, May 12, 2019

Semana Noventa y Nueve (Week 99)

This week was quite enjoyable! We started the week with a couple solid lessons Monday night, followed directly with an exchange to Middletown. It was super fun up there with Elder Tripp. I got to see a couple people I knew from Dayton and we visited some key people and also just talked about a lot of good things going on.

So we heard more from B____ and M____ from Wednesday through Friday. It turns out they were all out of town until this week, so we didn't get to meet, but M____ is into Mosíah now! I think her reading has slowed, but still it's a good sign. We will hopefully meet with them tomorrow.

We got back out on our bikes again. I saw a lot of roadkill. But it was super fun, I forgot how great it feels to bike!

Thursday was a particularly good day. We visited D____, E____ y A____, and S____, all of which have become very important people to me. We were able to follow up and figure out some good things to help D____ progress, and E____ and A____ are hoping to be married within the month, but at least by June. S____ is also doing very well; he's progressed a lot since I last taught him in October or so. We have some good ideas to help him too, so we hope it goes well!

On Friday we had New Missionary Training. We talked about some fundamentals toward fulfilling our purpose, the Doctrine of Righteous Thoughts (for more details on that one you can ask me), giving up our "stinky fish" from back home, finding a passion for the work, "minding the gap", and President Welch also talked to the trainers separately about parenting analogies and how they apply. It was a really good day.

Saturday we had several good lessons and gave a couple blessings as well; it was cool. Sunday was also really good. We had a great time at Church! We also got in contact with a guy who was really promising but we had the wrong phone number (for the second time!), so that was a really good thing to see him again. We also had a cool missionary fireside where I got to meet Brother and Sister Bond! They were taught by Uncle Joe 20+ years ago, and now he's the Elders Quorum president. He told us about how the first seed of the Gospel was planted for him in Washington, and how all of us have a purpose and have people to reach, even if we don't see the fruit for 40 years or more. Abinadi never saw any fruit. It's likely that the first sisters that Brother Bond met never knew the impact they had.

In other words I found a recipe for protein waffles and SPAM puffs. Those will be fun. I also have a slight pineapple obsession, it's so good! And it goes with everything.

It's been a pretty Spirit-filled week! I'm really loving this area and I love these people so much!

Love,

Elder Liddle

No comments: