Sunday, May 12, 2019

Semana Noventa y Dos (Week 92)

We received a clarification on the new communication policy. As Dad anticipated, it applies to parents and siblings living at home. So while President Welch made clear that we can call you, and if our siblings are with you we can talk with them as well, with this clarification I can only call you two. Could you let the others know, especially Rosie? I was looking forward to our call we had set up, and while perhaps other people will be around at home during a call, it seems likely that they will not. I'm sad about this clarification, but I still look forward to talking to both of you. I'll tell you more about the details later.

Love,

Elder Liddle

So this week has been good. I'm still trying to figure out a good pattern for emails though. Thanks for the conversion stories. I was working on the 100 push-ups a while back but I've finally moved on because my body wouldn't keep up. I can do a lot more push-ups than I used to though.

This is also a reminder about everyone praying about a date to find someone.

This address is the same one I had when I was with Elder Taylor.

We had a really cool experience with this lady who has been "investigating" for a long time, but hasn't really been progressing or anything. We were really bold and read 3 Nephi 11 with her and explained the why behind baptism. It was really powerful and she seemed to really like it. It has changed things around a lot; it made a big difference.

We also had a spectacular zone conference, it was super fun and instructive. I left feeling super motivated. We've learned a lot of skills and we're pretty cool now 😎 But we still have a ton to learn.

We also went on 2 exchanges this week, which was a lot of fun. I was with Elder Whatcott again and we were able to catch up too. The other was with Elder Bowman and we made delicious food. It was fun.

Church was crazy. We didn't have anyone show up which was kinda sad, but I was the interpreter for Sister Welch which was super fun. It seems that I'm missing vocabulary and a couple grammatical things that could be more fluent but other than that I'm doing pretty well with the language.

That's about it for the week. I love you!

Elder Liddle

Oh one more cool thing. We got our phones locked away for a while and we were stuck waiting for a bit, but it made the timing just right so that when we got to a different place within seconds to talk to a less active member and get an appointment! If we wouldn't have been locked out, we wouldn't have seen her. So that was cool.

No comments: