This week has been amazing. I'll keep this letter relatively short though. First, transfers! I'll be training a new missionary in this area, and I'm receiving the title of Zone Leader along with Elder Smith, but we won't be zone leaders over our zone, but over the Spanish Elders, who aren't really a zone, so... I have no clue what that will entail. We are going to talk with President Welch about it Wednesday. I'm really excited to stay and train! It's going to be pretty fun.
We had an awesome lesson with M____ and B____ on Tuesday, we taught the Word of Wisdom, the Law of Chastity, and the Law of Tithing. They accepted them all really quickly! It was cool to see. They may still have some concerns, but we're meeting with them again tomorrow, and it sounds like they've had some good spiritual experiences lately so I'm looking forward to it!
Wednesday we had an awesome teaching appointment with a man we met on the street and his parents. They were all pretty interested and afterwards we were able to get in contact with another family that we hadn't been able to see for awhile. It was a good night!
Thursday we had a tornado warning (but no tornado, bummer) but it was while we were with a couple members from Colombia and Venezuela and we were learning how to make arepas, so we were inside anyways for a bit. The arepas came out very well and I also made them on Friday and they were delicious!
Saturday was my favorite. A man who I taught in Dayton name Jesus was baptized. He moved down here to Fairfield so a couple elders in our branch finished teaching him. He has a strong testimony and it was a special experience to be a part of.
Oh, I also street contacted a lady in Japanese. I've lost basically all I knew, so I had to use Google translate. She wasn't interested, but it was really cool anyways :)
So that's all I can think of for now!
Love,
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment