Conference was amazing! I won't repasar any parts of it, I'll just let everyone know that this was the greatest conference I have ever heard. It supported me greatly, and the messages will support those that we teach as well. I'm going to review it thoroughly.
We had a very busy week. Tuesday we gave a blessing, then had a nice, hard-working exchange. I had a great visit with B____, and it seems like she's doing very well.
Wednesday we had a spectacular zone conference about applying the scriptures to our lives. At least, that's the biggest thing I remember. We applied the "war chapters" of Alma to missionary work, and it's remarkable how well it works! Moroni is an excellent planner, he extends bold commitments, and he prepares. It was really cool to see. It's really not about battle strategies. Mormon put 5 chapters about Abinadi, 5-ish chapters for King Benjamin, but he put around 20 for Captain Moroni. It's no coincidence. That isn't saying the others aren't as good, it's just saying that we should take a closer look at some things in the scriptures. It's so cool. We also had some good visits Wednesday night where we were able to get back in contact with some friends, and it was well worth it.
Thursday was also super busy and we worked really hard. It was a good day. Friday we exchanged and I went to Mission Leadership Council with Elder Smith. It was really good and we have some good plans to help out our mission. He and I also worked hard together. I was able to go back to Hamilton for a night. It's a bit different in the warmer season, but I love it still.
Conference was amazing! I have to say it twice. Sunday morning S____, a friend of mine from last time I was here, came and watched it with us. Many of the talks seemed like they were directed toward him, and he loved it! We are going to start working with him again, and I'm excited.
Things are going very well here in Ohio! I couldn't pick a better place to be right now.
Love,
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment