So this week was stellar. I'm currently marinating some meat to try to make Doener Kebabs. It's skirt steak instead of flank steak and the marinade wasn't what I thought it would turn out to be, but I followed the instructions I found as best I could. We'll see! I also made chicken tinga this week and it was pretty good! The flavor was just what I wanted, though the chicken could have been a bit better quality haha. I also found masala noodles (basically Indian ramen) that was pretty good.
But on to the good stuff! I'm going to jump right to Wednesday where it got pretty good. Mostly it was two things: we met a young man who acted like he already knew us; it was very interesting. We were able to teach him a bit, and even though he looks 16 he works full time (or more) and is only off on Wednesdays, so that was kinda crazy. But he's a good kid. A lot of people we teach or try to teach have a low education and so it seems that even though we speak Spanish it can be hard for them to understand what we are talking about. It's interesting to try to work around. We have to not only teach simply but speak simply. Later that day we had 3 other lessons, one with a member who has become a good friend of mine (at least I would say) and he had some awesome insights when we read in the Book of Mormon together. We then met with M____, who we've been teaching a bit and he's been doing very well. He still is having a hard time reading, but we are doing our part very well, and I feel much better about his progress. Our friend S____ is also doing very well, he has some good questions that lead to awesome personal study, and it's been so much fun to teach him. He also came to Church this week and had a great experience.
Thursday was my favorite, because when we visited M____ and B____ we were able to have a great lesson. We read the Book of Mormon together and they had some good insights and we were able to go over some important topics. At the end M____ said the closing prayer and told God that she knows this is His Church and the Book of Mormon is true. It was a special experience for me to be able to hear that.
Friday we had interviews which are always fun, and we also had several lessons.
Saturday I was kind of having a rough time but I was able to feel divine strength as I sought to exercise my faith and push through it. It was another special experience for me.
Sunday a lady that we kind of knew gave us carne asada. We had another experience of having a goal to talk to a certain number of people, and we weren't quite there yet. We had missed a few opportunities, but we were determined to find a couple more and we were blessed for it! Nothing big, but I felt a lot happier. We had a great Sabbath.
Well, that's basically my week. I've loved studying PMG and the Book of Mormon every single day, I learn so much every time! We've also been keeping busy with helping other missionaries and doing studies for training. It's been a different dynamic than any other time for me so far, but it's been really good too. I look forward to sprinting as I go throughout my work!
Love,
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment