Sunday, May 12, 2019

Semana Noventa y Seis (Week 96)

My new companion is Elder Isaac Coyle from Pleasant Grove, Utah! He went to the University of Utah for a bit before coming, and he also has partial ownership in a video game startup company, and he likes Spongebob. We get along very well! He was also in the same MTC zone as Sister Theobald, so that was kinda cool. And yes, he's a red head.

This week has been pretty crazy. Monday we had an excellent lesson with a lady who has been taught for a long time, but recently due to some added boldness is progressing much more. We brought the Relief Society president with us, and she testified like a fire hose! My companion and I were a bit nervous, but she reacted very well and even committed to come to Church! In the end she didn't come, but it was still a great step forward. Tuesday was excellent, we met with both D____ and M____ y B____. D____ is starting to progress a bit more thanks to a member of one of the English wards who lives across the street from them, so things are looking very good there. M____ and B____ are also doing well. They don't feel ready for baptism, but they're diligently seeking for an answer. I think a large part of it will come from Church attendance, and I personally am very excited for general conference to come; hopefully we will watch part of it with them.

Wednesday was quite interesting. We had our regular district council, but then I had a video call with President Welch because Elder Smith and I weren't really sure what was expected of us as Spanish zone leaders. We discussed a lot of good things and we have additional ideas that we will get flowing. after that we still had to eat, and then we still had to do language and companionship studies. It was super busy, but we didn't really get out much until after dinner. The same thing happened on Thursday with weekly planning because I'm doing some coaching sessions with one of the other companionships (one of those new responsibilities), so we were an hour and a half behind when we started our 3 hour weekly planning.

Friday was fun. We visited H____, who I would consider to be my friend more than anything else. He's a member here who has had a lot of struggles lately. We showed him the video "Becoming Children of Christ", and it hit him pretty hard. I hope it was helpful as well, but we will see what we can do. We are going to continue to work with him and do what we can. Later that night we had another excellent lesson with a new family. They know a lot of members actually, and though they didn't act like they wanted to change religions per say, they are very open to us coming over and keeping commitments, so we are excited for that. They also said they were willing to come to Church to see how they like it, but just not this last week because things have been crazy (they're trying to move).

I'm skipping Saturday, it was good, just normal.

Sunday was fun, but with also a lot of meetings. Between the study we have to do (though we only were able to do a half hour if I recall correctly), Church, branch council, and then another Spanish zone leader discussion, we were pretty busy. We still got a good amount of time to go out and meet some awesome people though, so I'm very satisfied with how it all went!

If anyone is curious I have a super-delicious-mostly-healthy muffin recipe. It's very low sugar. I also basically learned how to make "taco meat" (the American kind, not the real kind) substitute with lentils. They were pretty tasty I thought, and pretty cheap which makes them even better.

So that's about it for this week. I hope everything was good on your end as well!

Love,

Elder Liddle

No comments: