This week has been solid. Elder Gonzalez was sick for a few days and I've had some heartburn that wasn't very fun, but other than that it was very good. We've had a lot of things fall through but also a lot of things go very well, and we finally had Church again! Our most progressing person sadly couldn't come this week because of work, but it was nice to have Church nonetheless. I gave a talk about 3 Nephi 1 and trials of faith, and I also played the piano.
One cool thing I've been doing lately, especially while we were inside for sick days, is reading Jesus the Christ. I love learning more about our Savior. It's amazing to see how much more there is to know, and how easily things can be misconstrued. I've also loved reading the "plain and precious" words of Nephi in 2 Nephi, which I recently finished. It's really cool to see how clearly the Plan of Salvation is laid out in there. I love the Book of Mormon; it is the foundation of my testimony of not only the Church, but of Jesus Christ.
We had a nice experience Sunday night when we visited a semi-active family to help them in their efforts to share the Gospel. We not only were able to help them with gathering scattered Israel, but they opened up a lot and want us to come back and help them with more than just that. It's a good opportunity for us to minister and make some good progress with them. I'm excited.
I've been cooking still, though I've realized that my ability to do so is quite limited here. But I'm still managing to find simple fun things to make, like a jello-yogurt-cool whip dessert that I didn't get to come out quite right, but it's still delicious.
Also during district council one of the elders in my district talked about how much he likes the journaling Book of Mormon. One thing that I didn't realize is that it has thicker pages so it won't bleed through when you highlight. I like that idea a lot.
We also got fed ceviche twice and it was awesome. And here at the library I saw a book of 5-ingredient slow cooker recipes and got a few pictures. Any tips as far as a slow cooker goes?
Sorry this is shorter. A good, though perhaps somewhat uneventful, week.
Love,
Elder Liddle




No comments:
Post a Comment