I'm going to ask before I forget because I've been curious for a long time now but I keep forgetting: what is the price of milk and eggs back home?
... I also heard that an elder here had a Journaling edition of the Book of Mormon, so that's really cool.
That's crazy with all the wedding stuff, it's also exciting though. When do I get my tie haha? I'm glad Christmas was a lot of fun. It sounds like things are going to keep being fun as the days go on! Lots of work though I'm sure. I'm excited for Alice to be baptized! That's so cool.
Sounds like Cameron's doing well then! I'm expecting that much will have changed back there by the end of the summer, it's going to be interesting.
Things have been pretty solid here. Christmas was a lot of fun of course. We weren't doing anything that night so we drove around to see if there was anything open, and we found a truck stop where we ate and looked around. It was fun. I was able to catch up on some sleep as well. All around it was a good day. And we had 2 great families host us for Christmas Eve and Christmas. We ate Peruvian Turkey one day and waffles the next.
I've really enjoyed getting to know this area. There's something about it that I just really like. It's fun to live downtown as well, and we can bike to a lot of good places so we've made good use of that. We've also been having fun with our ferrarknees and lambourfeeties [i.e. they're walking around too]. We also drive a lot though. It's a big area.
We have a couple people that have been taught for a while, but we've also been doing a lot of finding and groundwork sort of stuff. It's been very interesting, and I think that God is putting me here to work on what I'm lacking, so I'm grateful for the opportunity to be able to improve some of the more basic, but essential skills.
Sunday we had a cool experience. After Church we were low on gas and miles, so we decided to go to our appointment and then walk around the area to see who we could talk to. Well, our appointment fell through and we walked around and heard that there might be Hispanic people around there, but didn't really find anyone. So we headed back and thought we probably would just head to dinner. Just as we were about to get back to our car we heard some music that was clearly Hispanic and saw a guy cleaning his car and we were able to talk to him and get a return appointment! Then, we decided to try by our appointment again because this time a car was there. So we did and we had an awesome lesson with a really solid guy! It was cool to see, yet again, that the blessings often come just as we're about to give up. So persevere! We almost didn't knock again but we're very glad we did.
I also met a guy from Austin Baker's mission, a guy from Mike's mission, a guy from my MTC companion's mission, and the first 19-year-old sister who went to England Mandarin speaking and whose grandfather founded Fat Boy ice cream. Also a girl who is from Orem and went to Mountain View. And a couple weeks back I met a girl who knows Riker Terry. Also I found out that the couple that Uncle Joe baptized is doing awesome: the husband is actually the Elders Quorum President in the Fort Hamilton Branch. If I'm ever back around there I'll have to stop by and meet them. The world has been very small. There's probably more people than this that I've forgotten about temporarily. So it's been cool.
That's all for this week!
Love,
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment