Sunday, December 30, 2018

Semana Ochenta y Tres (Week 83)

[On Christmas day, we had a lovely video conference call with Elder Liddle and his siblings at remote locations.  Here is his brief email from Dec. 24.]

I'm glad about the baptism! From all I've heard it was a really special experience. It also sounds like the Church meetings [on Dec. 23] were really good! Ours was fun: we met in the Relief Society room and half the branch was out of town, so we just had a nice little meeting with a few musical numbers and a couple good talks. Dayton is definitely a different feel. I enjoy it though. Our apartment is a refurbished factory in the middle of downtown, and our area is absolutely enormous! We technically cover the Dayton and Dayton East stakes, but it's split in two and there's really only so far we can reasonably go. This week was pretty slow, but it's been fun. I'm back with Elder Gonzalez and we have some awesome people here. Christmas Conference was super fun and we also got permission to go to the Christmas party in Ohio River! I was happy about that, I love that branch. In other news, I bought a stretch suit and a tie for less than $60 so I'm very pleased. We also had a Peruvian Christmas Eve dinner, it's been fun! See you tomorrow!

Love,

Elder Liddle

No comments: