Yeah, I know how close [my area] is to Columbus [where Rosie, Zack, James, and Isaac live]. If you want to see something crazy, we have a guy we're teaching online who lives in Batesville, Indiana and we might go over sometime, and [there's] someone in Greensburg that we're trying to contact. Less than an hour away. Crazy!
This week has been pretty good! We've been working hard, contacting and meeting lots of people, and generally just having good things happen! I also had Elder Robertson lead the area on an exchange and it went pretty well! It's interesting to be in a position where I feel like I have lots of skills, but I'm focusing more on helping someone else develop their skills. It's kinda fun too.
We've also had some days where it's been harder to be productive, but I've loved it because we try our best to do one or two things really really well and work hard in our other time to stay productive, and even if everything falls through, we know that we've done something good still. Usually we have many good things happen though!
One cool experience was a lesson with a lady who works at a jail. It's pretty rough apparently, and she's had to go through a lot in her life. But we hadn't been able to visit her since I've been here (more than a month!) and when we finally were able to visit she had been reading and using the pamphlets as workbooks! The last week she had been super busy with work so she forgot a lot of what she read, but it was so cool! She's really elect; the question now is more of availability and staying in contact. But it was cool to see how it paid off that we didn't give up. That also happened with another family. We thought they weren't interested, or at least I did, but we just kept persisting and had an awesome lesson and they seem interested in coming to Church sometime, and hopefully our Christmas party too! I love little tender mercies like that. I've seen this transfer how small things really do lead to great things, and we really can't judge who is ready for this message' we must invite everyone!
I've also seen how useful technology can be, even if it's just a phone. We communicate through text, Facebook, and WhatsApp usually and we're able to reach a lot of people. It's also helped me realize how much a simple text can do to help people progress or know we care. A small act like a text can often lead to big results, so we're making sure to not be lazy in reaching out and communicating!
We don't have a hot pad for cooking, so Elder Robertson taught me how to do some basic crocheting! It's kinda fun.
We've had some awesome lessons, but I'm basically out of time, so I'll just share one last thing. I gave a baptismal interview last night, and it was amazing! The man was so sincere. As we talked about his experience he blew me away. He doesn't understand everything, but he feels the Spirit and knows it's true! It was amazing to hear him testify of that and see how he's willing to do what it takes. He even stood up for the Church with some pretty tough questions! His responses were really good too.
I love you a ton. Thanks for your support and prayers. I can feel them. We'll keep working hard out here!
Love,
Elder Liddle



No comments:
Post a Comment