Monday, December 17, 2018

Semana Ochenta y Dos (Week 82)

I got my package! I haven't opened it. I'm getting transferred to Dayton to be with Elder Gonzalez again!!! Third time's the charm!

This week had some figurative broken ankles. I wasn't surprised at the transfer, but I wasn't expecting it and I'll be sad to leave this area again. We have a few good things going, but I think this will be for the best. ... [Elder Robertson's] new companion has never been here so he will definitely have [the] chance [to truly lead]. I also spent 6-ish hours walking in the rain on Saturday and my ankle swelled up and I had a slight fever. But I'm ok now. It was actually really fun, and even though everything fell through things lined up just perfectly for us to be able to see a member who is really struggling, and even just the 30 seconds we had were enough to help somewhat we hope. There was another member from one of the English wards who we were also able to visit with for a while, because he gave us a ride. It was cool to see how God lined things up just right. We didn't follow any huge promptings, we just followed our natural inclinations and God did the rest. We were being good so we were blessed.

This week was mostly lots of little things again. We made some good plans, found some new ways to reach out and help people who are hard to contact, and helped bring the young men together to make piƱatas. It was good, we were able to help get a few youth involved who have been gone for a while. Pres. Welch gave me some good advice at interviews, and transfer call happened, and we found out that all the Elders are signing up as volunteers for the Red Cross as a sort of experimental partnership for the first time in the nation. It's going to be interesting. We may also be rolling out some new way of Facebook finding, but we will see where that goes.

Sunday all the members were surprised that another Elder and I were being transferred so soon, and some tried to petition President Welch to let us still come to their Christmas party. We will see where that goes haha. We also had an interesting interfaith musical fireside last night. There were 3 or 4 churches there at our building and it was partially to raise some money for a local cause and also to just get together and celebrate the season and what we have in common—a shared love for our Savior. It was different than what I'm used to, the hymns had slightly different words and people clapped and when they introduced us they asked for weird talents and I can hold things with my back (shoulder blades, but back makes it sound funnier) so I got mentioned, and it was just an interesting, but good experience overall.

Lots of good, little things. I'm excited and I have learned a lot and have a lot to learn. I love you all a lot.

Love,

Elder Liddle




No comments: