Sunday, December 2, 2018

Semana Setenta y Nueve (Week 79)

I'm glad you've had some good time to visit and everything! I actually just barely heard what Marco Polo is this week haha. It sounds fun! I don't think my companion knows them haha. The pies we made turned out pretty well and we ate them all week haha. Aldi pie crust is pretty good too, though I want to try making my own sometime. I definitely know how to Floss haha. I'm not positive, but I think I was the first out of the siblings to do it, and I definitely did it long before it was cool haha. I hope that you're Disneyland trip goes well, it sounds like it will be so fun!

This week has been really good!

We have met some interesting people this week. One guy told us about how there's a Donald Trump clone, "the one in the red tie is the real one, but watch the one in the blue tie." 😂 He said a lot of other interesting theories too, and we actually met a couple people like that, though he had the most far-flung theories, so that was kinda fun. We've been working hard though and we have run into a lot of people and I think it's going to pay off really well! We've also had a couple really good lessons this week.  I've really appreciated how the Spirit has treated us lately. We've been improving and things are on the up and up!

I've been working on making the sacrament more meaningful lately and it has really payed off. This week was especially sweet. As I reached out for the tray I pictured myself reaching out for the Savior's hand and it was a very special experience. I've been pondering the fall and Atonement of Christ a lot, and it's been very interesting, and I've learned a lot I think. I've learned yet again that I know nothing in the grand scheme of things haha, but at least I know enough for now. One of the less-crazy-but-still-very-confused guys said some things that have led me to have a desire to learn more things more solidly. I think that I've been too logical about all this, and I need to be more spiritual about everything. In the end, it cannot be proved by logic. I shouldn't let a logical argument, no matter how solid, be my foundation. It has to be spiritual. It's very interesting to see all this out in "real" life. There's so much to learn.

We also had some pretty amazing trainings lately. One was on planning, which is always helpful to learn more about, and the other was on the Doctrine of Scattered Israel. I've been thinking about that lately and somehow I never made the connection that I'm gathering Israel right now! Well, I knew that but all the prophecies about how Israel will be gathered in are at least partially about missionary work! It was a really profound realization for me, and it made the prophecies about Israel being brought back much more real to me.

I've also been reading the Ensign a lot lately, there are a ton of copies in our apartment and I've just been eating it up! I've been reading a full magazine on most days between breakfast, mealtimes, and nights. It's been really cool and I've learned a lot. I don't read every little detail, but the articles are amazing! Between that, personal study, trainings, companionship study, church, and just being a missionary in general, I've been very spiritually uplifted this week, and it's been a great blessing to me.

And the Thanksgiving was actually pretty normal at first, but then we had second dinner which was delicious but very hard to eat a lot because of how full I was! We ate at Bob Evans with one family for lunch, then we were still kinda full for dinner so that was still delicious but harder to eat. The most Mexican thing at the first dinner was Flan, but the next dinner they had a pork leg which was pretty good, and had a decent amount of spice. I've been around a lot of other nationalities so I forgot how Mexicans always eat spicy! Most other Hispanic countries don't eat a lot of spicy food, but with Mexicans everything is spicy haha. The day was mostly eating and being with members, but they didn't want us out much that day anyway, so it was really good.

That's about all for this week. I hope things continue to go well back there! I love you!

Love,

Elder Liddle



No comments: