Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Woche Dreiundzwanzig

Hallo Guten Tag! I don't have much time right now, and I'm using an american keyboard so its even harder to type. Hopefully I can get through this past week ok. Dad, by the way it is Elder Anderson, I don't have any pictures with Elder Lewis yet. I hope you enjoyed the letter. I always enjoy hearing from you my family. Good luck with the lecture. You're probably about to speak in a few minutes. Its exciting to know that we'll be in the same country for a little bit of time! Germany is the best and I love it here. I'm glad you've all had good experiences in church the past little while in Austria. I enjoy it more and more as I better understand it. I am doing much better understanding German, and speaking as well. I still think and dream in English. It takes a long time to develop a mastery over the language. It's coming slowly but surely.

These past week was Zone Conference, and President Ninow's last one. It was a special one, and really awesome. I'm sad to see president go, but I'm excited to see Pres. Schwartz come in, he's a great man and was a stake Patriarch. I'm excited to see him next Monday. Elder Lewis and I have been developing a much better companionship. We try to do things the Lord's way anyways. Zone conference was great and I got to do a split in Nurnberg the day before as well. It was fun, and Nurnberg is a cool city. I still love Nordhausen the best though. I'm happy serving the Lord here. I remember at Zone Conference the spirit was very very strong, and I learned that I need to change.

I've really learned about listening and to the Spirit specifically. I have a lot to learn, but I really need to focus more on other people and just lose myself. That's when things go really well. Thats when we learn the most, but that's not why we should do it. I need to do it because I love the Lord and the people. I really love my mission. I had a dream last night that I returned home, and I kept really wanting to be back in Germany. It is so wonderful here being a servant of the Lord and enjoying the time in Germany. I love it! I was really sad that I wasn't in Germany in my dream and I kept telling people I wanted to go back, and then I woke up. I was in Germany! It made me so happy. I love seeing miracles in my life and the lives of others every single day as I strive to serve the Lord with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. I love and enjoy the time so much as I am exactly obedient, and eliminate all contention. I strive to do those things humbly, relying on the Lord through prayer.

I know that Jesus Christ loves and knows and understands every single one of us. I know that everyone in the world needs the gospel and that it brings the peace, joy, and fulfillment to life that everyone searches after. I have a strong testimony of the power of prayer. Developing a relationship with God is the most challenging and worthwhile things in the whole universe to do. I love it and really want to work more on it. The work is being hastened here in the Lord's time and I know He hears and answers prayers, that we have a perfect, glorified, loving Heavenly Father, and He has provided us a Savior to be able to return to Him and share in His perfect joy. I love His plan, and will serve Him to the end. I love my mission for Jesus Christ. He is my God. Im Namen Jesu Christi, Amen.

I Love you all, and thank you for your prayers.

Elder Matt Liddle

No comments: