Monday, June 6, 2011

Woche Zwanzig

Hallo! Ich habe eine gute Woche gehabt! Es war ganz gut, und es freut mich zu wissen dass die Familie hier in der Nahe von Deutschland ist! Österreich! Viel Spass meine brüder und schwestern, und viel glück mit Jetlag. Es klingt wie alles bei euch geht gut.

Welcome family to the section of Europe where people speak German! It's a great place. I was on a split this past Friday and we went and worked in a Dorf and actually reminded me a lot of Krumpendorf (although I don't remember it too well). The dorfs are the coolest little towns ever. I hope that everyone is having a good time. I am loving it here in the Lord's vineyard! This is probably my last full week in Nordhausen. We suspect I'll be sent somewhere else.

Something really cool that happened: we set a baptismal date with one of our Investigators! Way cool! The only catch is that he is a smoker. He needs to break the habit this week, but he is pretty set on being baptized on the 25 of June. His name is [K____]. He's really awesome, and made progress really fast. He has stood up to his friends, he prays so well, he's filled with courage, he comes to church in nice clothes, he is just so prepared to take upon himself the name of Christ. He's a great man, and I'm proud of him. I love him. We were doing weekly planning and thinking about when he could be ready for baptism and after we thought it out logistically and all, we prayed about it. A ball of energy, or light or something immediately lit up within me as I asked if that was the right date. I've never received an answer like that, but I can say I know that was the right date. It's now up to [K____].

Yesterday at Church we had a special fast sunday, fasting for the people here in this area of Europe to open their hearts to the Gospel. It was a really hard fast Sunday, but we had greater attendance and the ward welcomed in so well our 2 newest investigators that came to church. We had a lesson saturday with the cutest old lady ever, and we taught powerfully of the importance of church. She agreed to come. We came to pick her up sunday morning, but she was already underway going to the church. She said with a smile and laugh, "Ich bin immer punktlich!" (I am always punctual). We laughed and smiled and had a great time with her. The Sisters welcomed her so well, and I think she'll make progress. [K____] enjoyed church as well.

Tuesday was interesting. We traveled to an investigator, and it took longer then we thought so we weren't going to be able to eat lunch, and dinner as well. We were going to cancel an appointment with someone when he called us and asked if he could buy us Pizza because he was hungry. We got back and had Pizza and the Lord really taught me that he cares for His servants. Consider the lilies of the field. We are the lilies in the Lords field. "And he will feed those who trust him, and guide them with his eye." It was a really spiritual week.

Friday was awesome because we had a district meeting in Weimar, and right after we went as a district into the Town Square and did an "Ausstellung" street preach. We drew the Plan of Salvation and taught people about it. It was super fun, and very successful. Having a group of missionaries in one place is just too much awesomeness! I then went on a split to a city called Gotha, its pretty much like Gotham, and I would not be surprised if I get sent there in about a week. I'm super excited about this last week here in Nordhausen with Elder Anderson. He's the best trainer I could have ever asked for. I love him, and think he's the greatest! He has taught me how to work as a missionary, and have the faith, charity, and love a missionary needs.

I love you all, and I love the wonderful people here in Deutschland. Thank you for your love, support, and prayers. It brings so much power into this great work! Have a great week!

Ich habe euch Leibe!

Elder Matthew Liddle

No comments: